North Shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Corbyn wouldn't have got sufficient support from the Tories or, possibly, even his own party for that to have happened.
I'm no Tory but they could have had someone like Ken Clarke lead it and make it work. If it was to be a caretaker administration then it absolutely could not have been led by someone with long term Prime Ministerial ambitions.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Anyway, let's see North Shropshire for what it is, not an endorsement of any party but a defeat for the Tories and a success for tactical voting. The Lib Dem candidate has explicitly acknowledged that, I know that Labour are unable to but I hope that they recognise it and it factors into their election strategy, at least at grassroots level, next time around.

Mugshot

Über Member
I'm no Tory but they could have had someone like Ken Clarke lead it and make it work. If it was to be a caretaker administration then it absolutely could not have been led by someone with long term Prime Ministerial ambitions.
Absolutely, and Clarke was one of the names being touted for the position.
Some would rather see a landslide Tory victory if they can't have Corbyn.

Mugshot

Über Member
The membership at large wouldn’t have allowed that.
Could they have prevented it?
I seem to remember that at the time the talk was that Clarke and I think Harman (?) were being talked about as possible leaders of a caretaker Gov, whereas the consensus was that Corbyn stood no chance.

Top Bottom