Nurse murdered seven babies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I know @spen666 is an outcast, but, it would appear, his initial assertion is correct, but, we can't have that, can we?

I know that you openly define yourself as 'not a member of a clique' and make a point about supporting those who you consider in a similar vein but @spen666 is certainly no outcast. He is someone with undoubted experience in the legal world who has taken a literal, legalistic definition of 'convicted murderer' as if that is the only interpretation of the actions of Fred West that can be referred to given his confessions and committing suicide before a verdict could be given.

Prior to and since @spen666 declaring that West had not been convicted of murder no one has said that he had, but Fred West was a killer, and that is inarguable, especially outside a court of law, in the same way as Salvador Ramos (Robb Elementary School) and Adam Landa (Sandy Hook Elementary School), who both died before they could be brought to justice, were killers and murderers.

No one afaics is arguing with spen666 about West not being a convicted murderer, just that, in this case, he is being overly literal in an internet discussion.

Indeed, how generous ;)

And how generous of you to describe @AndyRM's statement of the obvious as generous.

multitool

Pharaoh
Next up from Spen666:

Hitler wasn't a war criminal.

He was indicted, but wasn't found guilty.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I know that you openly define yourself as 'not a member of a clique' and make a point about supporting those who you consider in a similar vein but @spen666 is certainly no outcast. He is someone with undoubted experience in the legal world who has taken a literal, legalistic definition of 'convicted murderer' as if that is the only interpretation of the actions of Fred West that can be referred to given his confessions and committing suicide before a verdict could be given.

Prior to and since @spen666 declaring that West had not been convicted of murder no one has said that he had, but Fred West was a killer, and that is inarguable, especially outside a court of law, in the same way as Salvador Ramos (Robb Elementary School) and Adam Landa (Sandy Hook Elementary School), who both died before they could be brought to justice, were killers and murderers.

No one afaics is arguing with spen666 about West not being a convicted murderer, just that, in this case, he is being overly literal in an internet discussion.

And how generous of you to describe @AndyRM's statement of the obvious as generous.

I have re-read @spen666's post, no where can I see that he said his was the "only interpretation".

Fred West didn't just commit suicide before a verdict could be given, he committed suicide before a trial could be held.

I did not read @spen666's post as implying Fred West was innocent, and, I personally do not think he was, but, that is not what was said.

Just another example of taking things "literally", not the first in the recent past, on this forum.

BoldonLad

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I have re-read @spen666's post, no where can I see that he said his was the "only interpretation".

Fred West didn't just commit suicide before a verdict could be given, he committed suicide before a trial could be held.

I did not read @spen666's post as implying Fred West was innocent, and, I personally do not think he was, but, that is not what was said.

Just another example of taking things "literally", not the first in the recent past, on this forum.

Jesus wept. Why are you always so defensive. No one has said that spen666's interpretation was the only one, just that he raised, and repeated several times, that West was not a convicted murderer, when no one had said he was. There are other interpretations, but no realistic ones that he was not a killer.

My saying he killed himself before a verdict was given was true, if not a full explanation, and I did think of changing it to 'before a trial', but I thought that there would be no one literal enough to be bothered by that. I was wrong, clearly.

Not one person has said, or implied, that spen666 or you believe West was innocent....literally.

BoldonLad

Jesus wept. Why are you always so defensive. No one has said that spen666's interpretation was the only one, just that he raised, and repeated several times, that West was not a convicted murderer, when no one had said he was. There are other interpretations, but no realistic ones that he was not a killer.

My saying he killed himself before a verdict was given was true, if not a full explanation, and I did think of changing it to 'before a trial', but I thought that there would be no one literal enough to be bothered by that. I was wrong, clearly.

Not one person has said, or implied, that spen666 or you believe West was innocent....literally.

err.. you said it in the bolded section? starting "as if that is the only"

Rusty Nails

Country Member
err.. you said it in the bolded section? starting "as if that is the only"

Then either my writing skills or your comprehension skills need some work, or even both those possibilities. Other people can decide.

"He is someone with undoubted experience in the legal world who has taken a literal, legalistic definition of 'convicted murderer'... (this is clearly true) ...as if that is the only interpretation of the actions of Fred West that can be referred to given his confessions and committing suicide before a verdict could be given....(This is not saying anything about spen666's interpretation, other than it is not the only one)"

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Cheers, guys, you're making the gender thread look like a rational discussion.
Jeez we must be bad.

I thought nothing could be as bad as the gender thread.

This is just like an argument between two doddery old blokes in a care home.

It's a 3 page row over the fact that someone said 'guilty of' or 'convicted of' (can't even recall which now) instead of 'responsible for' and the classic naca-ism of assuming the worst intention of every poster.

spen666

Under caution, he gave 145 recorded interviews to police, spanning more than 110 hours, in which he admitted to killing numerous women, describing how he did each one, exactly how he dismembered them, and where he buried them, describing in detail how the dismembered bodies and limbs were arranged within their respective graves.

Check the records. He was not convicted of any murders

spen666

Probably time to give up.

The legal meaning of the word 'murderer' is not the only meaning.

I will never give up on the truth.

Fred West was not convicted of any murders.

I note plenty want to take issue with me, but no one can point me to a single murder he was convicted of.

D

Deleted member 121

Check the records. He was not convicted of any murders

That was not what GC was replying to. He was replying to your suggestion that Fred West hadn't admitted to any murders, not whether West was convicted. Him admitting murdering is available widely.

Top Bottom