Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why would Johnson want a cabinet job? It's an empty gesture to win support. He will want to go back to his newspaper column and look for lucrative consultancy and after dinner gigs. I wouldn't be surprised if he stood down as an MP at the next election.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
How out of touch with reality can you be? (rhetorical)

Out of touch with who though? There are people out there who still believe that Johnson is a man of the people, sticking it to the elites, tried his best, got Brexit done, got us through covid, led the fight in Ukraine, has been treated unfairly, etc etc. It might benefit Zahawi to appear to have supported Johnson in the face of treachery, rather than to have stabbed him in the back.

icowden

Legendary Member
So the first round is:
  • Kemi Badenoch,
  • Suella Braverman,
  • Jeremy Hunt,
  • Penny Mordaunt,
  • Rishi Sunak,
  • Liz Truss,
  • Tom Tugendhat
  • Nadhim Zahawi
The front runners seem to be the bolded ones.
Penny has promised to reduce my tax burden and cost of petrol / diesel.
Hunt has promised to reduce corporation tax
Truss has promised to do whatever her operators tell her
Rishi has promised to be not Boris.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Apparently Penny Mordor thinks she can 'smash the yellow wall' in Scotland and get us all voting Tory.

That's not going to happen, but I have a bye-bye-devolution feeling about that one.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Starmer's gonna need a bigger flag. He's always gonna need a bigger flag. I guess he could just move in here.

1657709451117.png

icowden

Legendary Member
Apparently Penny Mordor thinks she can 'smash the yellow wall' in Scotland and get us all voting Tory.
That's not going to happen, but I have a bye-bye-devolution feeling about that one.

Well, it's good to have ambition, but there is a point where you have to differentiate that from delusion.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Out of touch with who though? There are people out there who still believe that Johnson is a man of the people, sticking it to the elites, tried his best, got Brexit done, got us through covid, led the fight in Ukraine, has been treated unfairly, etc etc. It might benefit Zahawi to appear to have supported Johnson in the face of treachery, rather than to have stabbed him in the back.

Yebbut, that's not reality!
Though you're not wrong either....

icowden

Legendary Member
Over a quarter of a century old and still absolutely nails it.

Yep.

We now have the second round:-
  • Dishi Rishi
  • Penny Mordaunt
  • Liz Truss
  • Kemi Badenoch
  • Tom Tugendhat
  • Suella Braverman (how?)
So more than I expected to be honest.

Top Bottom