Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
I think I would prefer to watch Kemi. ;)

Why?

StuAff

https://fivebyfivetimes.substack.com/p/b-is-for-britain-breaker-not-backer

An apt summary of why Mordaunt shouldn't be anywhere near political power. Or pretty much anything. I have wondered if the Reading Philosophy department was having issues with its teaching standards when she was there. "Studying philosophy at the University of Reading will equip you with the ability to think logically, to evaluate arguments critically, and to challenge your own ideas and those of other people". Well, she somehow got a 2:1, and she can't do any of that, or chooses not to. Judging by her campaign speech etc, she'd have been lucky to get a Douglas in History…

Rishi has promised to run (ruin) the economy like Thatcher.

Does that mean joining the single market, which Thatcher set up and was an enthusiastic supporter of?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
An apt summary of why Mordaunt shouldn't be anywhere near political power.

There was a bit on the race on the telly here last night. Mordaunt was shown, doing the usual 'low tax personal responsibility' line. I am all for the latter, but keeping tax down as a goal having been caught out underfunding essential services as revealed for example by the pandemic is no way to carry on (as it were). Isn't that a bit tired now?

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
There was a bit on the race on the telly here last night. Mordaunt was shown, doing the usual 'low tax personal responsibility' line. I am all for the latter, but keeping tax down as a goal having been caught out underfunding essential services as revealed for example by the pandemic is no way to carry on (as it were). Isn't that a bit tired now?
Very tired for many of us. The candidates see it as the only way to court backing from the far right of the party. It's how the winner deals with reality that will show us what they really meant.

Beebo

Veteran

You have to remember they are appealing to just the Tory party members. Not the actual population.

I get the feeling the members will do what Labour did last time an elect a leader who isn’t the MPs choice, and it will backfire. Because they are not thinking about the bigger picture.

Top Bottom