Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

And those proceedings includes properly educating and reinforcing around things like consent.

Absolutely terrifying idea and one of the most horrific things I have ever heard.

Court proceedings are not about "properly educating" anyone. Who is to decide what "properly educating" means. Would you be happy if a Judge with misogynous views were to "properly educate" on consent?

It is absolutely not for a court to be properly educating. That is not the function of a court in a democracy. It is something you expect from a totalitarian state

mudsticks

Squire
Absolutely terrifying idea and one of the most horrific things I have ever heard.

Court proceedings are not about "properly educating" anyone. Who is to decide what "properly educating" means. Would you be happy if a Judge with misogynous views were to "properly educate" on consent?

It is absolutely not for a court to be properly educating. That is not the function of a court in a democracy. It is something you expect from a totalitarian state
I was talking about more generalised 'proceedings' as I'd have thought you would have grasped.

"Most horrific thing you've ever heard"?!?!?
Wow.

Either you've been deeply closeted from the real world, or else your moral compass as to what is 'horrifying' points in quite a different direction to mine..

As for dinosaur judges holding misogynistic views, there are plenty of examples of that..

And fwiw Judges and judgements set precedents in their judgements, which could be said to be educational or influencing at least.

spen666

I was talking about more generalised 'proceedings' as I'd have thought you would have grasped.

"Most horrific thing you've ever heard"?!?!?
Wow.

Either you've been deeply closeted from the real world, or else your moral compass as to what is 'horrifying' points in quite a different direction to mine..

As for dinosaur judges holding misogynistic views, there are plenty of examples of that..

And fwiw Judges and judgements set precedents in their judgements, which could be said to be educational or influencing at least.

You have in my opinion a strange view of the world.

You carry on holding your views, and I will hold mine

mudsticks

Squire
You have in my opinion a strange view of the world.

You carry on holding your views, and I will hold mine

I have a view based on being a woman in this world that is still run on lines which are steeped in entrenched sexism, and misogyny..

With those attitudes so 'normalised' as to be unremarkable.

I see a 'justice' system that has a conviction rate so low that it's pretty much a free for all for rapists and abusers.

I enjoy freedoms and privileges afforded to very few women, but they still come at a cost to me as a woman.
I'm ever mindful of that, and still see it as my obligation to work against the oppression of all of my sex.

I've brought up two boys to decent men, who act.with integrity towards others in this world - a world which often encourages them to be otherwise..

Have you seen the output of the likes of Andrew Tate?? - And you call me 'terrifying'?!?!

They may well have rolled their eyes in their teenaged years but they now very often articulate their pride* in their mother and what she has done in, and with her life.

*And I'll happily take that over the opinion of some guy off of t'internet. 👍🏼

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
With the fairly substantial caveat that I only made it halfway through, and quite frankly that's as much as I'm prepared to watch, I can't see that Brand's latest video directly addresses any of the allegations at all. It's a conspiracy fuelled rant directing his supporters to watch him on a platform which has as yet not demonetised him.

I wonder if he's paying his lawyers out of all the money the mainstream media and Hollywood have given him over the years. Or has he pissed it all away so much that he needs to carry on this grift? Or is it bringing in the cult as a means of protection?

CXRAndy

Veteran
It's a conspiracy fuelled rant directing his supporters to watch him on a platform which has as yet not demonetised him

Rumble told the UK government to sling it's hook re demonetising Brand. Rightly so, nothing to do with them, only they baying crowd want him to have no outlet.

If there are convictions then maybe Rumble will reassess the situation.

Why would Brand need to publicly address the allegations?

. I presume he has taken legal advice and they have advised him to not speak about it.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Rumble told the UK government to sling it's hook re demonetising Brand. Rightly so, nothing to do with them, only they baying crowd want him to have no outlet.

If there are convictions then maybe Rumble will reassess the situation.

Why would Brand need to publicly address the allegations?

. I presume he has taken legal advice and they have advised him to not speak about it.

Hearsay.

CXRAndy

Veteran
If nothing comes from these allegations, he's won, his conspiracy ideas will be bolstered. He will be even more popular. If he's convicted his career is down the toilet

Beebo

Veteran
He appears to be blaming the “deep state” what ever that is.
It is a basic grifter tactic of blame an unknown enemy for all their troubles.

I’d hope they would have more important things to do than make up rumours about a celebrity.

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
Not the government, just an MP who is on a comittee, who can be ignored as Rumble have done. Of course Brand doesn't have to say anything, even if he is charged or tried even. I wonder if he will sue for libel though? If not, why?
Probably because he is smart enough to know he is not going to win that. Johnny Depp didn't win a libel case either despite winning the direct case against Heard in the US.
If nothing comes from these allegations, he's won, his conspiracy ideas will be bolstered. He will be even more popular. If he's convicted his career is down the toilet
He doesn't need to win, look at Trump for example he is gaining popularity amongst certain black population because they feel he is ''one of them'' arrested for no reason.. (that it is not true nor that Trump really doesn't care about them is a other)

He appears to be blaming the “deep state” what ever that is.
It is a basic grifter tactic of blame an unknown enemy for all their troubles.

I’d hope they would have more important things to do than make up rumours about a celebrity.
Yeah same with Tate seems to be their only ammo.(correction he calls it ''the matrix'') As if the deep state would leave them on a video platform to ''warn'' if it all true they would be jailed and not realized already

Top Bottom