Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
Depp lost the libel case over the Sun labelling him a wife-beater because, er... he's a wife-beater. There's a lesson there.
You're missing the point and i understand why, i requires you to look deeper into things, that's hard in these days when everything has to be chopped in to short video's etc. (if you want to discuss Depp case again digg up that old topic please)
Libel in the uk and if it's against media there are some additional protections means the claim has to be ''generally true'' so in case of Johnny Depp there where widespread rumors of fights, chopped finger incident etc. so that was quite quickly decided. However they do not have to look into actual evidence so in Brands case the Channel4/times documentary is probably enough for him to lose a libel case.

CXRAndy

Veteran
He appears to be blaming the “deep state” what ever that is.
It is a basic grifter tactic of blame an unknown enemy for all their troubles.

I’d hope they would have more important things to do than make up rumours about a celebrity.

The 'State' can do some rather disturbing acts.

The Biden admin has set the FBI investigating parents who are critical of teaching boards, race theory, critical gender theory.

I wouldn't be too surprised if UK government is upto nefarious snooping.

My friend lives in North Kesteven district in Lincolnshire. They had surveillance vans moving around towns and villages, spying on people's general day to day activities. They were using the terrorist legislation as justification.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
My friend lives in North Kesteven district in Lincolnshire. They had surveillance vans moving around towns and villages, spying on people's general day to day activities. They were using the terrorist legislation as justification.
How does your friend know?
Did the vans have signs on them saying they were spying on people's general activities? If so they weren't very good spies.
What day to day activities were they spying on...shopping, having a coffee, riding bikes, going to the toilet?
Perhaps they were looking for stuff to incriminate Russell Brand...has he ever been to N Kesteven?

I blame the deep state, it's easier that way.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Did the vans have signs on them saying they were spying on people's general activities? If so they weren't very good spies.
What day to day activities were they spying on...shopping, having a coffee, riding bikes, going to the toilet?
Perhaps they were looking for stuff to incriminate Russell Brand...has he ever been to N Kesteven?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2005/feb/11/environment.environment

all for a good cause, protecting the environment

CXRAndy

Veteran

There were complaints, of white vans parked up with CCTV system on top. There was wording but not very noticeable on the vans. There are some very sleepy little villages around. The locals don't take kindly to a CCTV van parked in the village

Beebo

Veteran
Are the villages in Lincolnshire a bit like Royston Vaysey?

18 years ago and still not happened

slowmotion

Here in the Badlands of Hammersmith of Fulham, I've seen Transits with Google Earth-style camera's sprouting from the tops of their roofs, cruising around. They are signed "LBHF Enforcement Team" or some such guff. I've never quite worked out what they are doing. Maybe ensuring that the cowed citizens don't rise up and start removing the daft " Enviro-Crime Scene" warning tape that the Council thoughtfully puts on the odd abandoned mattress...........before leaving it on the pavement for another week.

Milzy

He appears to be blaming the “deep state” what ever that is.
It is a basic grifter tactic of blame an unknown enemy for all their troubles.

I’d hope they would have more important things to do than make up rumours about a celebrity.

You really don’t understand how things work. You need to educate yourself on the most rich and powerful people who have a big say on how the world is run. They buy people, blackmail & manipulate them.
Brand must be cancelled as he’s causing a lot of problems. If you had listened to Stay Free for the last year you’d understand. In Russia he’d be dead now.

Beebo

Veteran
As much as you think he is. He really isn’t anywhere near the mainstream.
Mr and Mrs Smith in Milton Keynes are none the wiser about his random musings.
And the “deep state”
Couldn’t give a shite about him. They have to worry about Putin and Trump.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You really don’t understand how things work. You need to educate yourself on the most rich and powerful people who have a big say on how the world is run. They buy people, blackmail & manipulate them.
Brand must be cancelled as he’s causing a lot of problems. If you had listened to Stay Free for the last year you’d understand. In Russia he’d be dead now.

He has come up with some wild theories, and may be an annoying tosser, but what actual problems has he caused, and to whom? (possibly other than to women and to the BBC/C4 of course). I doubt that the "most rich and wealthy people" give him a second thought.

He is just one of a number of people, who were once relevant, who find an audience among the tinfoil hat wearers that search such stuff out.

Living on a diet of conspiracy theories is the diametric opposite of "educating yourself".

Last edited:
Top Bottom