Sexual abuse by teachers and coverage in the News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What I am saying in a forthright manner is that to suppose the people are safe with women and unsafe with men is entirely false.
Statistically that simply isn't true. Women are less safe with men than with other women.

You seek to undermine this fact so that you can then argue that trans identified men shouldn't be excluded from women's spaces on safety grounds.

That is not forum or debating etiquette. If you claim something can be substantiated then you must be prepared to back it up. Otherwise anyone can claim any old nonsense as facts.

I refer you to the dozen times I have posted crime stats that show men comit more violent and sexual offences.

Yes, I wonder why more women don't intervene in an incident of male violence? Bearing in mind men's greater size, speed, upper body strength, and far greater punching power, it really is a mystery.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
Statistically that simply isn't true. Women are less safe with men than with other women.

You seek to undermine this fact so that you can then argue that trans identified men shouldn't be excluded from women's spaces on safety grounds.

You proved the prison stats are not an accurate depiction when you stated the reasons why women are not sent to prison or are given shorter sentences.

I'm not aware that anybody mentioned trans people in this thread, and I certainly haven't.

I have posted a couple of links to teachers who have been involved in sexual abuse and their reporting, complete in context with the thread title.

I think you might manage to leave trans people out of this, just for once?

monkers

Legendary Member
I refer you to the dozen times I have posted crime stats that show men comit more violent and sexual offences.

Yes, I wonder why more women don't intervene in an incident of male violence? Bearing in mind men's greater size, speed, upper body strength, and far greater punching power, it really is a mystery.

Prison stats are not crime stats. When I have posted arrest figures (in other threads), you become deeply unhappy to see that women are arrested, rather than being unhappy that those who are arrested are not prosecuted. But this thread is about teachers who commit sexual abuse and the news.

Maybe now realise that men are more likely to protect women than hurt them. Given that women are at greater risk of abuse from men in their own home, there's little that the other men (I means the good guys) can do to help.

It must be tiring for men to keep reading that they are mostly predators intent on harming women. The number of men that are predators is very small - it's just that the actions committed by those are horrific. It's quite wrong to confuse the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

classic33

Über Member
There's plenty, use Google. I don't doubt that women are less harshly treated than men by the justice system in some respects, and more harshly in others. This has nothing to do with your assertion that there isn't much difference in rates of offending for violent and sexual crime between the sexes.
A married teacher who groomed a 15-year-old boy through Snapchat and had sex with him has been sentenced to six years and two months in prison.

Kandice Barber, 35, of Wendover, Buckinghamshire, had been found guilty of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-56295671

A teacher at a private school in Glasgow has pleaded guilty to having a sexual relationship with a pupil for more than two years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-60433719

Teacher 'groomed and groped her 14-year-old female student in school hallway' claim parents
https://newjersey.news12.com/mother-who-accused-marlboro-teacher-of-molesting-daughter-files-lawsuit

More than 100 women were convicted of sexual offences in 2015. The figures, obtained via a freedom of information request, show the number of convictions almost trebled in a decade. Among those convicted were a number of school staff, including teachers, a head teacher and a teaching assistant.

The attractive female teacher “seducing” the wide-eyed teenage pupil is a plot line that has recently featured in two popular TV shows: Ackley Bridge and Hollyoaks. This kind of story is often portrayed as a “coming of age” experience but legally, a teacher engaging in any form of sexual relationship with a child under their care is abuse. And while it’s not spoken about very often, female perpetrated sexual abuse in schools does happen.
https://theconversation.com/understanding-why-some-female-teachers-sexually-abuse-pupils-80160

Prison stats are not crime stats. When I have posted arrest figures (in other threads), you become deeply unhappy to see that women are arrested, rather than being unhappy that those who are arrested are not prosecuted. But this thread is about teachers who commit sexual abuse and the news.

Maybe now realise that men are more likely to protect women than hurt them. Given that women are at greater risk of abuse from men in their own home, there's little that the other men (I means the good guys) can do to help.

It must be tiring for men to keep reading that they are mostly predators intent on harming women. The number of men that are predators is very small - it's just that the actions committed by those are horrific. It's quite wrong to confuse the two.

We all know it's Not All Men. We also all know it's mostly men. HTH.

Yes, Classic, women comit sexual assaults. For every convicted female teacher there will be several more male teachers - even though males represent only 30% of the teachers in UK schools. This pretence that women are as bad as men in terms of sexual offences is ridiculous.

classic33

Über Member

Yes, Classic, women comit sexual assaults. For every convicted female teacher there will be several more male teachers - even though males represent only 30% of the teachers in UK schools. This pretence that women are as bad as men in terms of sexual offences is ridiculous.
As bad as you making out that it never happens?

classic33

Über Member

Predatory maths teacher Rebecca Joynes found guilty of sex with two schoolboys

A predatory maths teacher has been found guilty of having sex with two teenage boys that she taught at their secondary school.

Rebecca Joynes, 30, was already suspended from her high school job and on bail after engaging in sexual activity with Boy A, 15, when she began a sexual relationship with the second youngster, Boy B, whom she later became pregnant by.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eacher-pupils-sex-court-verdict-b2546124.html

I've never said it doesn't happen, but the statistics are pretty clear on which sex is most likely to commit crimes of a violent or sexual nature.

I haven't been following that case but it sounds like a straightforward abuse of position/grooming scenario that merits a decent prison sentence.

monkers

Legendary Member

Your pretence is in saying that anybody is saying that ''women are as bad as men''.

icowden

Legendary Member
This kind of story is often portrayed as a “coming of age” experience but legally, a teacher engaging in any form of sexual relationship with a child under their care is abuse. And while it’s not spoken about very often, female perpetrated sexual abuse in schools does happen.
https://theconversation.com/understanding-why-some-female-teachers-sexually-abuse-pupils-80160

That's true. I wonder whether the distinction to a degree is that a male teacher can assault a female pupil without any consent at all, but biologically it would be very difficult the other way round unless the boy is somewhat interested in the sexual encounter with the female teacher.

classic33

Über Member
That's true. I wonder whether the distinction to a degree is that a male teacher can assault a female pupil without any consent at all, but biologically it would be very difficult the other way round unless the boy is somewhat interested in the sexual encounter with the female teacher.
And where the victim of the female teacher is also female, does that not count?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

From that, I can only assume that you are either too young to be classed as a teenager or managed to somehow bypass being a teen age boy.

Top Bottom