Sooner or later, and, now it has happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
people drowning in the channel is a direct result of Brexit and Tory policy.

No it isn't, it's a direct result of people taking to sea in unsuitable craft.

You don't need to be Captain Birdseye to know an inflatable dinghy, often overloaded, is an accident waiting to happen.

I fully understand the temptation to want to reach the land of milk and honey, but no one is being forced to take the risk.

FishFright

Human trafficking is an crime not only in French law, but also in the Human rights act, eu human rights laws etc. The French have police, aren't they supposed to you know fight crime?

I know on this forum is has become a hobby to blame the torries for everything, but the first crimes are committed on French soil and there you go claiming the French are not at fault?
Travelling to a country of choice would for example mean if they board an ferry or train to the uk or any other country. But that's not the case the beaches are used as a launchpad in very flimpsy dingy's. With video's emerging where you clearly see authorities are doing nothing to stop them. With reports emerging migrants are forced to board at gun point, after paying amounts in excess of £3000. All torries fault you say?

But let me put it in a different way Imagine Pritti Patel ordering the migrants to be send back in the same flimpsy dingys, i'm very sure we would have 20 pages in this topic branding her from a Nazi to other things, but the situation is exactly the same other that the French are not torries and in this example there would be no trafficers making money out of it.

Asylum seekers are as legal as you, let that sink in.

D

Deleted member 28

It exists because there are no routes to seek asylum in the UK without being on British soil. This very simple point that constantly seems to escape the hard of understanding.
They will keep coming.
I assume you think the law should be changed so they can apply from the discomfort of their own homeland then?

So, send in your application via the online 'asylum seeking portal', wait God knows how long for it to be processed and in the meantime whatever has deemed you to become said asylum seeker is still happening to you?

Or, get your arse to the nearest 'safe' country and apply from there, again waiting however long.

And when all this fails you lot will be up in arms again because the Tories have let them down.

What about this, anytime a conflict occurs or a crisis send a fleet of planes over to that country and just ask 'who fancies moving to the UK?' and chuck 'em on board.

Think I've nailed it.

No it isn't, it's a direct result of people taking to sea in unsuitable craft.

You don't need to be Captain Birdseye to know an inflatable dinghy, often overloaded, is an accident waiting to happen.

I fully understand the temptation to want to reach the land of milk and honey, but no one is being forced to take the risk.
Empathy isn't your strong point is it?

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I've read that back several times now and I still can't make sense of it.
Try harder

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Human trafficking is a crime. We agree on that. It exists because there are no routes to seek asylum in the UK without being on British soil. This very simple point that constantly seems to escape the hard of understanding. The other being that Asylum seekers are not illegal migrants.
So trafficking to the UK via France exists PRECISELY because of UK rules. Just like any other form of smuggling.
To prevent trafficking needs a multinational approach for which there sadly seems little appetite. Let’s face it, having shat on our neighbours it’s no surprise they are not rushing to help.
By any measure, the UK takes less than its fair share of asylum seekers in Europe, so in terms of returning them to the mainland (especially France) there’s not a cat in hells chance.
Desperate people drowning in the channel is a direct result of Brexit and Tory policy.

They will keep coming.

One small point. How do they get from Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, etc, etc without any paper work? They must have either flown, or, travelled overland, or, by sea. Have they made this journey, especially in these Covid times, with no id, or any other paperwork?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

I gave up on his word soup nonsense some time ago. Still make the occasional effort, but I admit defeat in this case.
Give us your best effort at Dutch then, and no not just some copy and paste off babelfish or whatever it's called.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I do admire your tolerance of a poster whose first language is clearly not English, particularly in a thread about immigrants/asylum seekers.

We cannot ALL be multi lingual (I know I am not).

Thanks, I know that his first language isn't English, and generally I can understand the point he's trying to make, but I've no clue where to start with that one, which says more about me.

Top Bottom