Sooner or later, and, now it has happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
It's overrated pal.
1637938948684.jpeg

Lilliburlero

Really ? Go on then tell us what you know....sounds like you've been on the Farage juice :rolleyes:

You tell me how he got the money and knowhow to rent a flat and build a bomb on that money... You can`t, because you`re a commie and are not in tune with reality.
[/QUOTE]

D

Deleted member 49

You tell me how he got the money and knowhow to rent a flat and build a bomb on that money... You can`t, because you`re a commie and are not in tune with reality.
[/QUOTE]
Lol...you wouldn't know a commie if it bit you on the arse.....how the feck do I know who financed him.
My reality is a haze of smoke :rolleyes:

PaulB

Lukashenko’s just taken the game to a new level, but the game’s the same.
France is permitting migrants to travel to their country of choice. It has no reason or right to prevent them doing that. Let’s be clear where the blame lies here, and it’s not the French.
You can understand perfectly why the French are doing what they're doing. They take FOUR TIMES the number of immigrants the UK do so why the ignorant blame the French for standing by and not defending England! Makes me laugh when they come out with that one.

One small point. How do they get from Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, etc, etc without any paper work? They must have either flown, or, travelled overland, or, by sea. Have they made this journey, especially in these Covid times, with no id, or any other paperwork?
Not a small point, an important point.
AFAIK, the smugglers remove their paperwork to continue the journey as this gives them a better chance of seeking asylum in the UK.
If I were in their position I would also do the same to improve my chances.
One might ask why this is the case….

No it isn't, it's a direct result of people taking to sea in unsuitable craft.

You don't need to be Captain Birdseye to know an inflatable dinghy, often overloaded, is an accident waiting to happen.

I fully understand the temptation to want to reach the land of milk and honey, but no one is being forced to take the risk.
Then how should they seek asylum in the UK?

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not a small point, an important point.
AFAIK, the smugglers remove their paperwork to continue the journey as this gives them a better chance of seeking asylum in the UK.
If I were in their position I would also do the same to improve my chances.
One might ask why this is the case….

But, if they have paperwork, why not cross the Chanel legitimately on a ferry, or, by air? They could always destroy their paperwork on, or just before, landing. I know cross Chanel crossings are expensive, but, not as expensive as the reported people smugglers fees.

To be clear. I am not against asylum or indeed immigration, just don’t quite follow why people resort to being “smuggled” if they have the resources and documents to travel legitimately.

But, if they have paperwork, why not cross the Chanel legitimately on a ferry, or, by air? They could always destroy their paperwork on, or just before, landing. I know cross Chanel crossings are expensive, but, not as expensive as the reported people smugglers fees.

To be clear. I am not against asylum or indeed immigration, just don’t quite follow why people resort to being “smuggled” if they have the resources and documents to travel legitimately.
It’s a good question. I assume they believe their chances are better paperless. But I don’t know.
It may be because there is the chance they will be turned-back at boarding or at Heathrow. But I have no insights.

To be fair, getting through immigration as a Brit at Heathrow is hard enough…but that’s another beef for another day….

Last edited:

Cirrus

Lukashenko’s just taken the game to a new level, but the game’s the same.
France is permitting migrants to travel to their country of choice. It has no reason or right to prevent them doing that. Let’s be clear where the blame lies here, and it’s not the French.
The blame lies with whatever has made them leave their country of origin to make their journeys, that may be partially down to the UK or not. That's where efforts need to be made to fix the issues, if there is any way of fixing them.

Unfortunately, and I know this is going to go down like a lead balloon, the ultimate responsibility for drowning migrants are the migrants themselves, they ultimately choose to get on a dinghy (with their children) and play roulette with the channel /med/agean, they could simply cail asylum in France or any other country they traverse.

If you've got (say) a Yemeni passport you can't just rock up at Calais ferry terminal or Charles de Gaulle airport and board a ferry or plane to the UK. You first need entry clearance. The ferry company or airline won't issue a boarding pass to people who are likely to be turned back on arrival.

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You can understand perfectly why the French are doing what they're doing. They take FOUR TIMES the number of immigrants the UK do so why the ignorant blame the French for standing by and not defending England! Makes me laugh when they come out with that one.

Just a small detail, France is 2.3 times bigger than UK.

Can’t find figures for immigrants to support the 4 times claim? There was a graph posted on another thread, but, I don’t think it claimed such a large discrepancy? Can’t find it at moment.

Top Bottom