Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Yes, he's quite squirty

Thank you for that image.

multitool

Shaman
Labours last manifesto at least had a vision,they knew austerity was wrong had some good ideas to try and tackle things...it's just bleak in the Labour party now.There doesn't seem to be anything and we're in a even worse position.

I don't think you understand what is going on.

We are just under 2 years from a GE. Manifestos are normally launched about 4 weeks before. In 2019 it was 3 weeks.

WTF are you talking about?

In 97 Labour ran a programme called 'the road to the manifesto' for months. It laid down strategic markers and then drew in the external people needed in consultations in order to inform and shape a manifesto plan.

And by external people, I don't mean bored cyclists on an Internet forum, I mean key leaders in business, house building, education, farming etc.

If you knew anything about anything you'd know that is exactly what is happening now.

D

Deleted member 121

We are just under 2 years from a GE. Manifestos are normally launched about 4 weeks before. In 2019 it was 3 weeks.

In 97 Labour ran a programme called 'the road to the manifesto' for months. It laid down strategic markers and then drew in the external people needed in consultations in order to inform and shape a manifesto plan.

And by external people, I don't mean bored cyclists on an Internet forum, I mean key leaders in business, house building, education, farming etc.

If you knew anything about anything you'd know that is exactly what is happening now.

How could anybody forget?

To be fair, there is a remarkable familiarity about it but the cheese of the video is very difficult to handle, even by 1990's standard. The only thing missing was Pat Sharp and Timmy Mallett. There also appears to be someone dressed up as a pork pie, which i forgot about. Oh no, sorry, same mistake as i made 26 odd years ago, that was John Prescott...

D

Deleted member 49

Spare me the Blair tribute act,it really wasn't and isn't my thing,anyway Its 2023 not 97 and we've got a whole lot of different problems.
So we'll forget he's gone back on almost every single pledge he was elected on, time and time again all they seem to be saying is we'll carry on the Tories work but do we'll do it better.
Here's Cooper on tv this morning saying the same thing only we'll do it better.

View: https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1633375273851682818?t=g5J1ZvwYjz9NZcYqOHcfqw&s=19

This doesn't speak to me or most people I know,it's just splitting hairs.Its like Starmer saying nobody "should have to" cross the channel ffs it a vague dogwhistle.Why are they not saying well open safe routes ?
To be fair to yourself you're ahead in the polls and you've got the bland managerial wetwipe you wanted.You're "external people/key leaders/money men" are happy and get to protect their interests,what's not to like 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:

multitool

Shaman
That's just a word salad.

Here is what Labour are having to contend with:

FqpamHBXsAEApwz.jpeg.jpg

FqpyzsQXoAEgXGG.jpeg.jpg

multitool

Shaman
I think you have to listen to Yvette Cooper again. What she is not doing is demonising immigrants, or threatening to send them to Rwanda.

D

Deleted member 28

That's just a word salad.

Here is what Labour are having to contend with:

View attachment 3246

View attachment 3247

Gets my vote.

multitool

Shaman
How utterly embarrassing that we, as a nation, have descended to this level.

Fqos-MIXwAE1XYJ.jpeg.jpg

Playing games with people's lives for political gain. It's a wedge issue...if the bill doesn't pass, the Tories will say Labour blocked it. What a load of shît. The sooner January 2025 comes the better.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom