Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

So let's have a thought experiment, Adam (and this is not a trap). If you think Blair believed his own warnings then his decision has some sort of basis in morality.

But you don't. So what do you think we're his motivations to participate? Bear in mind that UK contribution was only 5%, and had no bearing on US capability or, I suspect, willingness to act.
A message from God ? Unrequited love ?
Screenshot_20230322-180905-928.png

What do you want me to say ? Campbell,Blair,Bush used lies to try and sell the Iraq war.They knew it was lies and went ahead anyway.
Feck even your wet dream Starmer has said it was a illegal war....odd one that isn't it,welcomes the likes of Blair,Mandleson in the party and expelles others with left wing views.

multitool

Shaman
What do you want me to say ?

I want your opinion on why they did it, not what they did.

And you can lay off the childish behaviour too, you nonce.

D

Deleted member 49

And you can lay off the childish behaviour too, you nonce.
I think he'd have done whatever George W said...promise of matching flying jackets ?
Blair was desperate to go to war and didn’t let facts stand in his way. So desperate he lied again and again.As I'm sure you'll remember a million marched against this and he chose to ignore them.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
I'll have you know he's a mastur debater.

Even that is unoriginal and dreary.

How very you.

icowden

Legendary Member
I think Bush wanted it as he anticipated being seen as a great leader, liberating the people of Iraq from their dictator. I suspect that his advisors and military intelligence wanted it as they wanted a stable country in the middle East to use as a base of operations and to control Iraqi oil. I suspect Blair bought into that strategic pipe dream rather than thinking Bush was a genius.

multitool

Shaman
I think he'd have done whatever George W said...promise of matching flying jackets ?
Blair was desperate to go to war and didn’t let facts stand in his way. So desperate he lied again and again.As I'm sure you'll remember a million marched against this and he chose to ignore them.

Yes, I was one of them.

But you still haven't answered the question.

multitool

Shaman
I think Bush wanted it as he anticipated being seen as a great leader, liberating the people of Iraq from their dictator. I suspect that his advisors and military intelligence wanted it as they wanted a stable country in the middle East to use as a base of operations and to control Iraqi oil. I suspect Blair bought into that strategic pipe dream rather than thinking Bush was a genius.

This seems the most likely to me. He certainly wanted to have a legacy. I do wonder about the oil aspect. IIRC Saddam had just signed oil contracts with France and Russia, and said he was going to accept currency other than dollars...which would have pissed off the Yanks.

Top Bottom