Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I have always been in the 'anyone but a Tory' group but there is a danger in that, which we are seeing now, in that it leads to the Labour Party moving away from what it should be courageous enough to fight for in place of some anodyne, upset no-one party. Starmer seems to setting his hopes on not being seen as too Tory nor too Corbyn-left, whereas there was not a lot wrong with the last Labour Party manifesto nor with Starmer's Ten Pledges that got him elected as Leader, and, having got rid of Corbyn, he should have had the confidence to stick with his apparent political principles. After Johnson I think it is important to have a principled PM.
The main problem with the last two elections was not the Labour Manifesto, but the baggage that came with Corbyn (we can argue all day whether that was justified or not but there is no disputing it was a factor).
I do not like how he is treating Corbyn, but can see why he is doing it. My political principles are not set in concrete nor are they so important to me that I am not prepared occasionally to to set them aside if it leads to an improvement in political governance, but I fully understand and accept the principles and stance that others who cannot bring themselves to vote for a Starmer led Labour hold.
I would be prepared to hold my nose and vote 'anyone but Tory'.

multitool

Corbyn is an idiot. And a vain idiot at that, hence his love of grandstanding at protests with his easy words of support, telling people what they want to hear at no cost to himself, nor with any risk of him actually having to see anything through.

Corbyn would still have the whip, and would almost certainly be able to stand for Labour if he hadn't been so utterly dim as to criticise the Equalities and Human Rights Commission report by saying that the accusations of anti-semitism were exaggerated. He literally gave Starmer no choice.

D

Deleted member 49

We are still ages away from an election, and Labour have already learned that the Conservatives will steal their ideas.

They would be mad to play their entire hand now.
They haven't got a hand...if they had any ideas or policies that were worth stealing surely that would be a good thing.

D

Deleted member 49

Corbyn is an idiot. And a vain idiot at that, hence his love of grandstanding at protests with his easy words of support, telling people what they want to hear at no cost to himself, nor with any risk of him actually having to see anything through.

Corbyn would still have the whip, and would almost certainly be able to stand for Labour if he hadn't been so utterly dim as to criticise the Equalities and Human Rights Commission report by saying that the accusations of anti-semitism were exaggerated. He literally gave Starmer no choice.
Yet again you fail to answer any questions and bang on about Corbyn...yawn.

Odd isn't it how he was kicked out for anti semitism...they just like yourself like to keep up the lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

multitool

They haven't got a hand...if they had any ideas or policies that were worth stealing surely that would be a good thing.

The Tories have already stolen two of Labour's ideas, the energy windfall tax and childcare assistance.

Keep up at the back!

D

Deleted member 49

The Tories have already stolen two of Labour's ideas, the energy windfall tax and childcare assistance.

Keep up at the back!
That's a positive then....feck knows how I could of missed those two biggies.

multitool

I don't....but the racings finished and now and again I like to confirm to myself what a pr1ck you are

If you don't then why do you keep mentioning it, you thick fuk :laugh:

multitool

Absolutely clueless

Screenshot_20230403_114429_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh...I forgot. Its not about actually being in power and actually having the ability to shape fiscal policy and actually make a difference to people's lives. Its about grandstanding at whatever protest you can latch onto and enjoying the acclaim as they chant your name because you've just promised them the earth, even though you aren't and never will be in any position to fulfil that promise :hyper:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Absolutely clueless

View attachment 3572

Oh...I forgot. Its not about actually being in power and actually having the ability to shape fiscal policy and actually make a difference to people's lives. Its about grandstanding at whatever protest you can latch onto and enjoying the acclaim as they chant your name because you've just promised them the earth, even though you aren't and never will be in any position to fulfil that promise :hyper:

I, for one, find it very reassuring that my neighbours might get to be deported by Yvette Cooper instead of Suella Braverman.

Top Bottom