Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_3536.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

I think there is a deliberate, and an accidental ambiguity about Labour currently. Accidental in that the headless chickens, like Adam*, are reading what they want to read into Starmer's very anodyne policy statements (anodyne in so far as there aren't any yet, for reasons which I'm getting bored of having to state) and deliberate in that, yes, they are making the noises that won't alienate large chunks of the electorate (ie anti-police, anti-monarchy, pro-protest etc). The truth is Starmer will not say the things that the Corbynites want him to say, and they are getting jolly batey about it.
Accidental ambiguity ...😂
Starmer won't say the things the Corbynites want him to say....ffs Tool you get worse.
Anti Police,Anti Monarchy,Pro protest aren't the burning issues when you can't afford to eat or pay you're rent.Supporting workers striking is the very least I expect from a Labour party.
"reconnecting people with working people"
He's full of sh1te.

This thread is starting to overlap nicely with the 'Are there any politicians you admire?' thread. Modern politicians, from both sides, speak in soundbites; phrases that say nothing but which they imagine are inspiring and meaningful. I suppose it only needs to land with enough people to make a difference on polling day but none of it inspires confidence.

multitool

Accidental ambiguity ...😂
Starmer won't say the things the Corbynites want him to say....ffs Tool you get worse.
Anti Police,Anti Monarchy,Pro protest aren't the burning issues when you can't afford to eat or pay you're rent.Supporting workers striking is the very least I expect from a Labour party.
"reconnecting people with working people"
He's full of sh1te.

And what happens the moment Starmer appears on the picket line? The Tories run with "Another Labour Winter of Discontent".

Which is EXACTLY how they stiffed Corbyn.

FFS Adam, you seem to be the sort of person who likes banging his head against a wall because he thinks there should be a door there.

D

Deleted member 49

D

Deleted member 49

And what happens the moment Starmer appears on the picket line? The Tories run with "Another Labour Winter of Discontent".

FFS Adam, you seem to be the sort of person who likes banging his head against a wall because he thinks there should be a door there.
I see less and less reasons to vote for this Labour party under Stamrer. I genuinely think Unions have done far more for me than most politicians in general...so at the very least don't support workers as a Labour party you dont get my vote.

albion

Guru

Who needs Russians promoting a maintenance of UK extremes, when we already have Adam.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Which is EXACTLY how they stiffed Corbyn

It isn't, though, is it? The Labour right tried to damage him by leaking the 2017 manifesto (which included repealing the Trade Union Act, ending the Public Sector pay cap MP, introducing maximum pay ratios etc) and Labour shot up in the polls.

multitool

It isn't, though, is it? The Labour right tried to damage him by leaking the 2017 manifesto (which included repealing the Trade Union Act, ending the Public Sector pay cap MP, introducing maximum pay ratios etc) and Labour shot up in the polls.

...and lost the election.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Where will the money come from, Adam? UK national debt is now 100% of GDP.

View: https://youtu.be/WS9nP-BKa3M

It's about the US economy, but it's all essentially the same.

I know that trying to wind up Adam is a sport of sorts for you, but it's making you sound like Theresa May. Was everyone who talks like this asleep during the pandemic, when even Rishi Sunak was forced to concede that national governments can afford to do pretty much whatever they want simply by deciding to spend money on it? I'm going to vote for the first party that acknowledges this and explains it to a mainstream journalist.

multitool

I know. I was taking issue with this, on account of it not being true:

Naturally, I disagree.

Outside of the media, how on earth do people form an opinion of an untested, opposition leader?

The tabloid press filtering into social media, alongside targeted anonymous campaigns coming straight from Conservative party HQ and their proxies.

Top Bottom