Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Quote from whom?
Sorry, got you confused with Mrs T.

multitool

He's quite capable of being both

I don't think you are in any position to criticise the humour content of Mrs Brown's Boys, frankly.

You've about as much sense of humour as a rotting badger carcass.

Actually, less. Because at least they look vaguely funny when they inflate.

D

Deleted member 49

Inflation is at nearly 13%

Pre COVID it was 1.8%

Clearly just coincidence.
Some might think that record profits,companies raising prices faster than their costs have increased,CEO pay up,feck that's before we get to the back handers that were freely handed out.Some might think this has something to do with inflation.Yet once again the ones near the bottom are meant to foot the bill.Increased interest rates again,because that's brought it down before 🙄
Screenshot_20230514-194909-464.png

Reactions: C R

multitool

Some might think that record profits,companies raising prices faster than their costs have increased,CEO pay up,feck that's before we get to the back handers that were freely handed out.Some might think this has something to do with inflation.Yet once again the ones near the bottom are meant to foot the bill.Increased interest rates again,because that's brought it down before 🙄
View attachment 3853

And you are thinking of energy companies, aren't you.

Do you know why their profits are so big? Because the Tories gave them 80% tax breaks on new investments...so they started new drilling for oil.

Labour want a windfall tax on them, not tax breaks.

But oh...hang on a minute. I must be wrong about that because Labour and Tories are identical, or something.

multitool

Did I say that ? No i'm thinking of plenty...why just energy companies ?
How about the boss of Tesco getting 4.5million,there profits have tripled yet there warning us of the impact of inflation on costs.Profiteering maybe ?
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ed-almost-45m-in-2022-despite-profits-halving

Errrm....did you actually read the article?

It says profits halved.

His pay is obscene...but it is nothing in the grand scheme of Tesco operations. Generally about £5 billion, but halved to just under £2.5 bill

Screenshot_20230514_204241_Samsung Internet.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

Errrm....did you actually read the article?

It says profits halved.

His pay is obscene...but it is nothing in the grand scheme of Tesco operations. Generally about £5 billion, but halved to just under £2.5 bill

View attachment 3855
Yes my bad tried to edit what I wrote,it was a older article from 2022..
https://news.sky.com/story/tesco-pr...arns-of-impact-of-inflation-on-costs-12589258
Still stands though.How many.of their staff are supplementing their wages with working tax credits on low wages ? No chance of him taking a pay cut ?

Top Bottom