Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Only to refute the claim that we were being "ripped off", and all of the profits were going to foreign share holders.

I don't live in a black and white world, as you appear to, and, I am old enough to remember the "joys" of CEGB, Northern Gas, National Coal Board etc etc
Says the man who files 30 year old bills on a computer 🤣
The whole point of privatisation of the water industry was to line the pockets of the shareholders without having to invest in the modernisation of it....but you're allright cause your bills not gone up.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I doubt you are aware of much at all. I do think you did a bit of post-hoc googling.

I can't be arsed to address your points because they are fatuous. Go and find out the situation for yourself, formulate a view based on knowledge, then come back.

Have a nice day

multitool

Did you even read the article, Adam?

It is about Shadow Cabinet pushing for policies to relate cost to students of higher education relative to their income.

Surely that is a positive move? Or do you prefer to see the status quo remain, where the offspring of wealthy parents pay exactly the same as the poorest?

Also:

"An injection of cash in the form of maintenance grants to the poorest students is also backed by some of the Labour leader’s top team as a way of ensuring students are not put off by the increasing living costs of attending university."

D

Deleted member 49

Did you even read the article, Adam?

It is about Shadow Cabinet pushing for policies to relate cost to students of higher education relative to their income.

Surely that is a positive move? Or do you prefer to see the status quo remain, where the offspring of wealthy parents pay exactly the same as the poorest?

Also:

"An injection of cash in the form of maintenance grants to the poorest students is also backed by some of the Labour leader’s top team as a way of ensuring students are not put off by the increasing living costs of attending university."
How about abolishing tuition fees ?

multitool

How about abolishing tuition fees ?

Why do you think they have changed their mind on abolishing them?

(genuine question, asking for a thoughtful answer, rather than because they are Tories)

D

Deleted member 49

Why do you think they have changed their mind on abolishing them?

(genuine question, asking for a thoughtful answer, rather than because they are Tories)
His answer to why he went back on another of his pledges ? Because he told us it's due to the "damage to the economy"...
The economy is so fecked we can't ask anyone to pay,I mean scrapping tuition fees wouldn't be a expenditure would it ?
Do tell me though.

multitool

His answer to why he went back on another of his pledges ? Because he told us it's due to the "damage to the economy"...
The economy is so fecked we can't ask anyone to pay,I mean scrapping tuition fees wouldn't be a expenditure would it ?
Do tell me though.

I didnt asked you to regurgitate Starmer's stated reason (I can loik that up myself).

I asked why YOU think they have changed their plans.

D

Deleted member 49

I didnt asked you to regurgitate Starmer's stated reason (I can loik that up myself).

I asked why YOU think they have changed their plans.
I asked you allready...it's not like I have a clue.I mean for me all he had to do was take the best bits of the last manifesto,you know those promises he gave of scrapping tuition fees, nationalising utilities, taxing the rich,electoral reforms blah blah.
I really haven't got a clue of what his Labour party actually stands for and that's sad.

multitool

I asked you allready...it's not like I have a clue.I mean for me all he had to do was take the best bits of the last manifesto,you know those promises he gave of scrapping tuition fees, nationalising utilities, taxing the rich,electoral reforms blah blah.
I really haven't got a clue of what his Labour party actually stands for and that's sad.

OK, let me reframe it. Given that free tuition and grants would be wildly popular with the electorate, why do you think this isn't Labour policy (or indeed Conservative policy)?

Top Bottom