Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

There's also massive public support for hanging.

Good idea? No.
Funny as I've not heard much on it from any party ?
There's money everywhere,look at the billions that have been wrote off by this government through corruption and backhanders.Energy companies profits are through the roof,food at record highs and were told "oh it's Covid,War" ...bollox it's profiteering.

View: https://twitter.com/UniteSharon/status/1666153039181250576?t=AZuNoheunuio379BDoNAAg&s=19

multitool

Funny as I've not heard much on it from any party ?

But we weren't talking about party support. We were talking about public support.

D

Deleted member 49

But we weren't talking about party support. We were talking about public support.
You been on the sauce ? Nobody really gives a feck about capital punishment beyond Anderson and his inner circle !
But paying their bills and putting food on the table is a struggle for far too many.
Feck you really do think like a Tory.

multitool

Jeez Adam. Engage brain.

You were citing public support for nationalisation as a reason to enact it.
I'm giving you an example of why public support us not necessarily a good enough reason for policy choices.

multitool

Add Chakrabortty to your (by now quite long) corrective list...

You'd expect somebody like Ckrabortty to know him. It's his job.

But the original point was about the effect of Driscoll's predicament on the electorate in general, wasn't it.

Good luck finding anyone who isn't in some way either local, or connected professionally (like a political commentator) who knew of him prior to this hitting the media.

I mean you can carry on compiling a list if you want, but it is largely irrelevant in the face of an electorate of 47 million, the majority of whom rejected Corbynites out of hand last election.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
But the original point was about the effect of Driscoll's predicament on the electorate in general, wasn't it.

Was it? I kinda thought it was about the region mattering in its own right and about Starmer's psycho control freak faction crushing the shoots of hope and democracy wherever they spring up, but perhaps we were making different points. On your point, I'm sure you're right that the swing voters of Nuneaton don't care too much if people in Ashington have their leaders chosen by fiat from Morgan McSweeney (Labour's Dom Cummings, for those fortunate enough not to know), but I'm old enough to remember Centrists going apoplectic about the previous leader 'allowing' the internal discord in the party to become the story, and now they shrug their shoulders when Starmer's latest egregious factional stitch-up is front page news all over the country. Preston next, presumably.

D

Deleted member 49

Ooh that's a game changer :whistle:
So what's your point...you think that because not enough people have heard of him it doesn't really matter ?
I'm pretty sure you could show pics of the Labour front bench to people up and down the country and a lot wouldn't have a clue.

Top Bottom