Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

It's clearly not austerity if he's talking about massive capital investment in green energy.
Fiscal Stability lol..imagine thinking this is the best we can do.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1667072874887225348?t=lsceoF4ZZhp0rxEPg24S_g&s=19

Wobblers

Jeez Adam. Engage brain.

You were citing public support for nationalisation as a reason to enact it.
I'm giving you an example of why public support us not necessarily a good enough reason for policy choices.

So....

You say that Labour need to adopt policies that garner public support - with the rather unsubtle inference that means dumping any and all vaguely Corbynite sounding poicies.

But at the same time, Labour shouldn't support nationalisation despite the fact that there is very strong public support for it! You can't it have both. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, and try engaging your brain?

PS: In the light of Labour significantly watering down their commitement to green investments - in effect abolishing them - could you revisit your increasingly laughable claim that Starmer's attracting Green party voters?

Last edited:

multitool

So....

You say that Labour need to adopt policies that garner public support - with the rather unsubtle inference that means dumping any and all vaguely Corbynite sounding poicies.

But at the same time, Labour shouldn't support nationalisation despite the fact that there is very strong public support for it! You can't it have both. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, and try engaging your brain?

PS: In the light of Labour significantly watering down their commitement to green investments - in effect abolishing them - could you revisit your increasingly laughable claim that Starmer's attracting Green party voters?

I didn't say rampant nationalisation was popular, Adam did. I merely said that popularity ≠ wisdom.

As it is stands, the evidence suggests it isn't popular (see 2019).

As for enging brain, get fùcked.

EDIT: I typed the above whilst negotiating the sale of 3 pints in a crowded taproom, whilst already suffering the incapacitant effect upon my system of a similar quantity, so forgive my bluntness. It was a matter of expediency.

Let me say this; you rock up, once a fortnight, and decide to engage. But you bring no game. I'm not reading your posts finding some thought-provoking angle which I had not considered. Nor am I meeting a wall of incisive logic so impenetrable that I must acquiesce.

No. What awaits me is an ill-considered, ill-informed, and poorly thought through attempt at a gotcha. I don't need to engage more than a decile of my vestigial lizard brain to see a clear path through it.

It's boring. Do better. You waste my time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

I didn't say rampant nationalisation was popular, Adam did. I merely said that popularity ≠ wisdom.

As it is stands, the evidence suggests it isn't popular (see 2019).

As for enging brain, get fùcked.

EDIT: I typed the above whilst negotiating the sale of 3 pints in a crowded taproom, whilst already suffering the incapacitant effect upon my system of a similar quantity, so forgive my bluntness. It was a matter of expediency.

Let me say this; you rock up, once a fortnight, and decide to engage. But you bring no game. I'm not reading your posts finding some thought-provoking angle which I had not considered. Nor am I meeting a wall of incisive logic so impenetrable that I must acquiesce.

No. What awaits me is an ill-considered, ill-informed, and poorly thought through attempt at a gotcha. I don't need to engage more than a decile of my vestigial lizard brain to see a clear path through it.

It's boring. Do better. You waste my time.
tumbleweed-silence (1).gif

multitool

I wonder what makes people think they're not on the side of workers 🙄

Probably just sheer ignorance, Adam.

https://labour.org.uk/page/a-new-deal-for-working-people/

Top Bottom