Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

The term "investing" is often used (not by you), it needs to made clear that spending money and investing are not, necessarily the same thing.

I think Labour are now attaching their main monetary output towards things involving growth. Clearly they are doing two things; side-stepping the customary accusations of economic laxity and headlines like "Labour scrap two child limit on benefits...the unemployed can now have as many kids as they want and its YOU that will be paying for it", and recognising that the economy has flattened, debt has soared, as has cost of servicing debt, and therefore increased spending can only come from increased tax receipts which necessitates growth.

multitool

I think it's understood that if you have bought wholesale into The Starmer Project, you may feel have no choice but to keep telling yourself this sort of thing - that it's incredibly subtle & elegant 19-D chess, incomprehensible to the simplistic walnut-brains of those who can only see its ugly, callous face value.

But sometimes, ideologically-motivated & functionless performative cruelty is only ideologically-motivated & functionless performative cruelty, and in their craven desperation to seize the support of the vilest, whether they be electorate or media, I think Labour are alienating & driving away far more support than they are gaining. Right now, I'd put a tenner on the Tories winning the next election.

Labour have a 20-24 point lead in the polls.

multitool

But all that is if the torie's making, not labour's. If inflation drops and things look like they might improve that lead will evaporate.

It won't. Have you not been paying attention?

Sunak tried a slight of hand trick promising to deliver lower inflation...when it was forecast anyway. But it hasn't transpired.

The Tories are out and know it, which is why they are engaging in scorched earth politics.

D

Deleted member 49

Should be easy for a megabrain like you.

I'm just some bloke down the pub...but you don't have to be a megabrain to know that if you don’t help children financially,you know try and lift them out of poverty its going to cost us a lot more to support them as adults.
I'm guessing there's more votes in keeping inhumane policies than pissing off centrist pricks though eh Tool...there is isn't there tool?

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

I think it's understood that if you have bought wholesale into The Starmer Project, you may feel have no choice but to keep telling yourself this sort of thing - that it's incredibly subtle & elegant 19-D chess, incomprehensible to the simplistic walnut-brains of those who can only see its ugly, callous face value.

But sometimes, ideologically-motivated & functionless performative cruelty is only ideologically-motivated & functionless performative cruelty, and in their craven desperation to seize the support of the vilest, whether they be electorate or media, I think Labour are alienating & driving away far more support than they are gaining. Right now, I'd put a tenner on the Tories winning the next election.
I think they've won by default,the Tories are imploding all by themselves.Which makes it all the more unbelievable how spineless this cu#t is.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Sunak tried a slight of hand trick

As a lover of the English language, I'm sure you'd like to know, sorry, be reminded that it's sleight of hand.

Sleight meaning the use of dexterity or cunning, especially to deceive.

D

Deleted member 49

I think Labour are now attaching their main monetary output towards things involving growth. Clearly they are doing two things; side-stepping the customary accusations of economic laxity and headlines like "Labour scrap two child limit on benefits...the unemployed can now have as many kids as they want and its YOU that will be paying for it", and recognising that the economy has flattened, debt has soared, as has cost of servicing debt, and therefore increased spending can only come from increased tax receipts which necessitates growth.
Maybe you got that wrong.

View: https://twitter.com/BylineTimes/status/1681690371770793985?t=T0WDs0fNuDz4csoIKKHrvg&s=19

D

Deleted member 49

Maybe you did.

Seeing as how you are saying that cruelty and right-wing policies are in Starmers DNA.
Because we know he's a man of his word ? He's spent the last week telling us it's a no,can't be done due to fiscal rules...now he's thinking of doing a u turn and looks a even bigger liar 🤣
Winning

Top Bottom