Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Yes. He's winning.

No, the tories are loosing.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He could probably see that this was going to turn into a big argument within the Party and, rather than risk more accusations of party divisions from the Tories, decided that it was no longer worth sticking to it.

multitool

I very much doubt that any policy carries either unanimous support, or isn't riven with doubts from the top team. They know all of this. They understand the criticism, the doubts, the contradictions, the risks etc. But they have a longer term strategic goal and it starts with winning as big as possible.

It's as well to remember that they are coming at this out of the most tumultuous political era in my lifetime and the most disasterous Labour defeat in nearly 100 years. Context is everything.

D

Deleted member 49

He could probably see that this was going to turn into a big argument within the Party and, rather than risk more accusations of party divisions from the Tories, decided that it was no longer worth sticking to it.
Couldn't actually be about doing the right thing maybe ?

D

Deleted member 49

Sigh.

The right thing is whatever you can do from a fairly narrow band of possibilities. Not impossibilities. You really struggle to understand this.
Sigh all you want...if you don't think this is the very least a Labour party should be doing then I'd say you're the one struggling to understand.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Brexit was a 'radical change'.

Be careful what you wish for.

I guess people figured out that they actually had a say in something, and jumped at the chance. Perhaps things would have gone better if that happened routinely, instead of only once in about 40 years.

Reactions: C R

multitool

I guess people figured out that they actually had a say in something, and jumped at the chance. Perhaps things would have gone better if that happened routinely, instead of only once in about 40 years.

We subcontract our political management to political parties because most of us can't be bothered grappling with the fine details and difficulties of politics. Brexit offered a simplistic diagnosis of the nation's ills and a completely contrary prescription to the one needed.

We'd all like free everything and no poor people. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about possibilities rather than wishlists.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

We subcontract our political management to political parties because most of us can't be bothered grappling with the fine details and difficulties of politics. Brexit offer a simplistic diagnosis of the nation's ills and a completely contrary prescription to the one needed.

We'd all like free everything and no poor people. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about possibilities rather than wishlists.
Are we supposed to unpack that or just dismiss it as claptrap?

D

Deleted member 49

We subcontract our political management to political parties because most of us can't be bothered grappling with the fine details and difficulties of politics. Brexit offered a simplistic diagnosis of the nation's ills and a completely contrary prescription to the one needed.

So now we're having to pay/bribe companies to come here rather than the EU.Five hundred million to not go to Spain...but as you say we've no money.

View: https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1681413210090422283?t=62V7g3WA-wmh-tKXUkF8mw&s=19

Top Bottom