Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Did you like the one about his allotment?

"I've given up my allotment in Islington because it's turned into a Blairite plot".

D

Deleted member 49

Did you like the one about his allotment?

"I've given up my allotment in Islington because it's turned into a Blairite plot".
All a bit edgy for me....I much preferred your drugs in grit bins and stolen eggs stories.You peaked at the Mother in Law with a bag of steaks gag though.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Sorry I forgot about Bolders and the Embedded Tweets.

Screenshot_20230928-221709-942.png

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes....elected :okay:

And after being elected?

Getting elected is a means to an end, but I am not sure what this end will be under Starmer.

It needs to be significantly different to what is happening under the Tories but Starmer seems to be frightened to say this or explain how it will be achieved.

Not a good look for the future as, after all this time under the Tories, we need someone with a vision for improvement and the balls and confidence in that vision to tell us what it is.

And I say this as someone who shares your views about Corbyn.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

multitool

And after being elected?

Getting elected is a means to an end, but I am not sure what this end will be under Starmer.

It needs to be significantly different to what is happening under the Tories but Starmer seems to be frightened to say this or explain how it will be achieved.

Not a good look for the future as, after all this time under the Tories, we need someone with a vision for improvement and the balls and confidence in that vision to tell us what it is.

Sure, because its that easy isn't it.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Any suggestions?

None that would be listened to by Starmer. Without being listened to they are not suggestions but random ramblings on an Internet forum, and I'll leave that to others who are better qualified.

Sure, because its that easy isn't it.

Was being in government ever going to be easy? It's easy to destroy, as we've seen the past 13 years, but much harder to rebuild and that is why I would prefer it for voters to be able to see, and have the confidence that the part knows, how they are going to rebuild, and improve life for millions in this country, other than just not being the Tories.

Yes, I will be happier if Starmer's Labour win the next election, but it will be with fingers crossed that the party cannot be as sterile as it has been so far.

Reactions: C R

multitool

.Was being in government ever going to be easy? It's easy to destroy, as we've seen the past 13 years, but much harder to rebuild and that is why I would prefer it for voters to be able to see, and have the confidence that the part knows, how they are going to rebuild, and improve life for millions in this country, other than just not being the Tories.

Yes, I will be happier if Starmer's Labour win the next election, but it will be with fingers crossed that the party cannot be as sterile as it has been so far.

Whilst all of that is fair, it's not really addressing the point I was (badly) making.

There's an assumption that an answer to the nation's ills exists.

I'm not sure it does. I think it's probably a series of possibilities, none of which are without serious risks and downsides. And for those that say 'be bold, be brave', then Brexit was bold and brave.

Starmer's caution is as likely to be because he knows the realities of UK public finances as it is a fear of alienating potential voters.

If Labour win, there will be no sudden turnaround in the nation's fortunes.

Top Bottom