Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Whilst all of that is fair, it's not really addressing the point I was (badly) making.

There's an assumption that an answer to the nation's ills exists.

I'm not sure it does. I think it's probably a series of possibilities, none of which are without serious risks and downsides. And for those that say 'be bold, be brave', then Brexit was bold and brave.

Starmer's caution is as likely to be because he knows the realities of UK public finances as it is a fear of alienating potential voters.

If Labour win, there will be no sudden turnaround in the nation's fortunes.
Fiscal rules/tough choices Tooley...good job they've found a bit of spare change down the back of the sofa for this ?

View: https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1707651779544953074?t=AS1oCgE4hyCwyh5FcV1oqA&s=19

multitool

Fiscal rules/tough choices Tooley...good job they've found a bit of spare change down the back of the sofa for this ?

View: https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1707651779544953074?t=AS1oCgE4hyCwyh5FcV1oqA&s=19

You either have a nuclear deterrent or you don't. Labour has decided to continue with 71 years of having one.

Trident subs are at the end of their lives. New subs aren't free.

Obviously in the world of Corbynites who will never ever actually have to government and be held accountable then cheap snipes are an option.

D

Deleted member 49

You either have a nuclear deterrent or you don't. Labour has decided to continue with 71 years of having one.

Trident subs are at the end of their lives. New subs aren't free.

Obviously in the world of Corbynites who will never ever actually have to government and be held accountable then cheap snipes are an option.
So there is money....just for the important things like nuclear deterrents though,no point in the two child cap and trying to end some poverty if we're getting nuked.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I can see why Varoufakis appeals to you

What's not to like?

33CC523800000578-0-image-a-32_1462317524742.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You either have a nuclear deterrent or you don't

Ignoring the 'deterrent' nonsense for a minute, then yes - obviously it's a political choice. You either have a nuclear arsenal or you don't; you either have a national health service or you don't; you either have social security or you don't; you either have universal free education or you don't...

multitool

Ignoring the 'deterrent' nonsense for a minute, then yes - obviously it's a political choice. You either have a nuclear arsenal or you don't; you either have a national health service or you don't; you either have social security or you don't; you either have universal free education or you don't...

And to get rid of it is not without consequence. Its possibly the only thing that keeps the UK in the UN Security Council, quite apart from any strategic reasons.

We can debate it ad nauseum. But to get rid of it would be an enormous step to take.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Is it? is it really that complicated?

The Meaning Of Existence​

by Les Murray

Everything except language
knows the meaning of existence.
Trees, planets, rivers, time
know nothing else. They express it
moment by moment as the universe.

Even this fool of a body
lives it in part, and would
have full dignity within it
but for the ignorant freedom
of my talking mind.

C R

Über Member
Is it? is it really that complicated?

The Meaning Of Existence​

by Les Murray

Everything except language
knows the meaning of existence.
Trees, planets, rivers, time
know nothing else. They express it
moment by moment as the universe.

Even this fool of a body
lives it in part, and would
have full dignity within it
but for the ignorant freedom
of my talking mind.

You're putting too much thought into this. This user is just an unsophisticated version of ELIZA.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Or you have them all, spend far more on the last three, and have ongoing discussion about how much that spend should be.

Top Bottom