Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Or you have them all, spend far more on the last three, and have ongoing discussion about how much that spend should be.
The last three before you even begin to think about Nuclear for me...for a Labour party it should go without saying.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I'm very reticent about taking clear positions/making firm policy pronouncements on the issues of the day.
It hadn't occurred to me I might inadvertently be elected Prime Minister.

1696068142216.jpeg

multitool

https://x.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1708361097693249731?s=20

Starmer setting out clear distance between attitude of next Labour government and current Tory one, especially in the light of the Home Secretary's recent comments.

Obviously, Adam will pop by for a glass of whine.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
https://x.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1708361097693249731?s=20

Starmer setting out clear distance between attitude of next Labour government and current Tory one, especially in the light of the Home Secretary's recent comments.

Obviously, Adam will pop by for a glass of whine.

This has been promised for three years so nothing new.

While potentially a positive step, as it stands it does not provide clear distance. It is a wish-list platitude that could mean anything to anyone without committing himself to any details for scrutiny.

Last edited:

multitool

This has been promised for three years so nothing new.

While potentially a positive step, as it stands it does not provide clear distance. It is a wish-list platitude that could mean anything to anyone without committing himself to any details for scrutiny.

Does it make any difference how long it has been promised, if the promise is coming from a party not able to enact it until elected?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Does it make any difference how long it has been promised, if the promise is coming from a party not able to enact it until elected?

I did say it was potentially positive, but the more meat on a promise the more confidence I have that it is genuinely going to come to fruition, even after using Baroness Lawrence on the working group.

It is difficult to hold someone to vague promises and it is not as if Starmer has gone back on any pledges is it?

I hope he gets in and delivers on this but I admit to having the wisdmom of experience being cynical and am not getting carried away by that tweet soundbite, and at the moment it does not provide that clear distance. Let us see the detail in the Manifesto.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom