Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With the news of horrendous events in Israel today, its worth reminding ourselves that the man who today said this:

View attachment 4694

was the same man who previously said this:

"‘The idea that an organisation dedicated to the good of Palestinian people and bringing about long-term peace & social justice & political justice in the whole region should be labelled as a terrorist organisation…is a big, big historical mistake"

And to be clear, that was Corbyn talking about his "friends", Hamas.

And this is who Adam wanted us to be running the country.

Unless your sole aim is to obsess about Corbyn in the Starmer thread, Palestine deserves better than this.

Mr Celine

With the news of horrendous events in Israel today, its worth reminding ourselves that the man who today said this:

View attachment 4694

was the same man who previously said this:

"‘The idea that an organisation dedicated to the good of Palestinian people and bringing about long-term peace & social justice & political justice in the whole region should be labelled as a terrorist organisation…is a big, big historical mistake"

And to be clear, that was Corbyn talking about his "friends", Hamas.

And this is who Adam wanted us to be running the country.

I don't see a contradiction between the two statements.
Today's events are horrendous but so are many of those of the last 75 years.

multitool

I don't see a contradiction between the two statements.
Today's events are horrendous but so are many of those of the last 75 years.

Then you have no real knowledge of who Hamas actually are.

The people Corbyn referred to as "friends" are a terrorist group that terrorise their own people, as well as carrying out the war crimes you are witnessing today.

And by the way, Israeli war crimes do not annul those carried out by their opponents.

multitool

Unless your sole aim is to obsess about Corbyn in the Starmer thread, Palestine deserves better than this.

Just as Hamas are a product of Israel, so Starmer is a product of Corbyn.

Corbyn is not irrelevant in a thread about Starmer. Stop playing silly games. You used to be better than this.

multitool

Not irrelevant, no, but it is odd that you and others struggle to explain what Starmer is. He’s not Johnson / Truss / Sunak, and he’s not Corbyn. Apart from a shape shifter that’s acceptable to the Fourth Estate, what is he?

I think, and you may disagree, that he is somebody who is working through a plan to detoxify the Labour party and make it electable with all the conditions imposed upon it by "the Fourth Estate" as you call it, as well as avoiding the elephant traps given to the Tories by Corbyn. As I have said numerous times, Starmer has to negotiate his way through all of this without losing his footing, and if it is politically expedient to say less rather than more, that is what he will do.

I realise you and Adam want to engage in fantasy idealised politics, but I don't. I understand that the cards are always stacked against Labour, and the Tories are (or were) utterly ruthlessly efficient.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I found this an interesting article giving some insight into Starmer. It would appear he's got his own nasty little Cummings-alike, pulling his strings.

https://archive.ph/6zgQj

Where does that article show a nasty little Cummings-alike? His job as Campaign Director is all about making Starmer and Labour electable and he has done that pretty well.
Corbyn had left-leaning people like Simon Fletcher and Jon Lansman on his team and they were probably equally nasty, just less successful in the end.
All parties, have always had, and will always have, Cummings-alikes, and whether they are described as nasty probably depends more on the politics of the commentator than their actual level of nastiness.

I realise you and Adam want to engage in fantasy idealised politics, but I don't. I understand that the cards are always stacked against Labour, and the Tories are (or were) utterly ruthlessly efficient.

Yes, I hear all of that, but it’s not enough. The promise of slightly more well meaning Tory-Lites isn’t enough. I know I will always be disappointed but I need to cling to the hope of something better.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes, I hear all of that, but it’s not enough. The promise of slightly more well meaning Tory-Lites isn’t enough. I know I will always be disappointed but I need to cling to the hope of something better.

Nothing wrong with hope in politics...as long as you can cope with the inevitable disappointment, and the realisation that many others are not disappointed at all.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I’ve had some practice.

That’s part of my own disappointment.

Just console yourself that half the country is always disappointed no matter who is in charge on the politics merry-go-round.
I find it a source of great comfort that half the country are happy when I don't get my wishes.

Top Bottom