Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Does that mean you want him to appear antisemitic?
I've already posted, either here or on the Gaza thread a way that I think he could have handled the current situation in accord with the IHRA working definition of antisemitism.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I've made the point before but I think Starmer tiptoed around the subject and misspoke because he was afraid of appearing antisemitic and that is not a quality I want in the leader of our country.

Afraid of appearing antisemitic is, unfortunately, something that has been quite important to the perception of the Labour Party in the last six or seven years. His caution in outright condemnation of Israel tactics in the context of the evil and inexcusable actions of Hamas two weeks ago is understandable but not necessarily admirable. As he is finding out he will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. It goes with the territory.

It's possible that his opinions may embolden or discourage foreign governments in the course they plan to take

You are living in fantasy land if you believe this, especially with Israel who only listen to their armourers, the US. They will listen to the UK if it agrees with what they want to do and ignore it if it doesn't.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Afraid of appearing antisemitic is, unfortunately, something that has been quite important to the perception of the Labour Party in the last six or seven years.

5gkst8.jpg

And you said citing Corbyn as the source of all Labour's antisemitism woes was "hyperbolic", ie. an exagerration.

If the source wasn't Corbyn, what was it? How is it that if it was just shît thrown in the air that it not only stuck but still does?

So come on then, descend from your place of higher wisdom to those of us like me with a tedious, amoebic perception.

I await your munificent wisdom, O Grand Cognescenti.

I posted a video explaining why earlier but you dismissed it because it didn't sit with you pre-concieved viewpoints.

People do tend to forget, conveniently, the Forde Report that exhonerated Corbyn of all charges of anti-semitism.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
I posted a video explaining why earlier but you dismissed it because it didn't sit with you pre-concieved viewpoints.

All viewpoints are pre-conceived.

Your video didnt change my view because it was pure shîte. I even explained why. Im surprised anybody is taken in by the claim that Labour was inly 2350 votes away from winning in 2017. It shows a real lack of understanding of how FPTP works.
People do tend to forget, conveniently, the Forde Report that exhonerated Corbyn of all charges of anti-semitism.

The Forde Report wasn't an investigation into anti-semitism. It was a report into a leak of an internal report and the factionalism in the Party. It was meant to be released to the Equality and Human Rights Commission as part of THEIR investigation in Labour's failure to deal with AS under Corbyn.

They did not exonerate Corbyn. In fact the report explicitly said that Labour leadership had chosen not to deal with Antisemitism within the party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-of-the-ehrc-inquiry-into-labour-antisemitism

All viewpoints are pre-conceived.

Your video didnt change my view because it was pure shîte. I even explained why. Im surprised anybody is taken in by the claim that Labour was inly 2350 votes away from winning in 2017. It shows a real lack of understanding of how FPTP works.

The Forde Report wasn't an investigation into anti-semitism. It was a report into a leak of an internal report and the factionalism in the Party. It was meant to be released to the Equality and Human Rights Commission as part of THEIR investigation in Labour's failure to deal with AS under Corbyn.

They did not exonerate Corbyn. In fact the report explicitly said that Labour leadership had chosen not to deal with Antisemitism within the party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-of-the-ehrc-inquiry-into-labour-antisemitism

The report did say that the issue wasn't handled properly, and Corbyn has apologised for it, but he is not an anti-semite. No evidence of that at all.

multitool

Pharaoh
The report did say that the issue wasn't handled properly, and Corbyn has apologised for it, but he is not an anti-semite. No evidence of that at all.

Nor have I said Corbyn was antisemitic.

The report says he ignored the problems of antisemitism within his party, and under his leadership the problems were deliberately left alone.

I'm saying he is a fûckwit.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Nor have I said Corbyn was antisemitic.

The report says he ignored the problems of antisemitism within his party, and under his leadership the problems were deliberately left alone.

I'm saying he is a fûckwit.

It doesn't seem all that clever to me to have failed to figure out that creating a moral panic about an imaginary antisemitism epidemic in order to crush the Left, bolster an extremist regime in Israel, and delegitimise Palestine solidarity might have bigger political consequences.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
It doesn't seem all that clever to me to have failed to figure out that creating a moral panic about an imaginary antisemitism epidemic in order to crush the Left, bolster an extremist regime in Israel, and delegitimise Palestine solidarity might have bigger political consequences.

Ah. A conspiracy theory.

Those scheming Jews, eh ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They don't seem impressed.
View attachment 4827

I think the rest of Starmer's tweets thread provides a bit more context but it's the wording of those first couple of sentences which is absolutely terrible. Same mistake he made on LBC, it may be poor communication but he's pussyfooting around the issue so much that it makes it open to misinterpretation. It's poor leadership from a potential PM and could have dangerous consequences.

Top Bottom