Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
I don’t think it is possible to balance thousands of innocent lives against the fear of right wing media rejection, but I have no doubt Starmer will continue to try.

That isn't really what Starmer is balancing. The outcome for the Palestinians will be the same regardless of what the leader of a non-governing party in a relatively uninfluential country says.

multitool

Pharaoh
Lolling at people scrabbling around trying to put the weight of the world on Starmer's shoulders

That isn't really what Starmer is balancing. The outcome for the Palestinians will be the same regardless of what the leader of a non-governing party in a relatively uninfluential country says.
You don’t think leading by example is worthwhile, then?

Lolling at people scrabbling around trying to put the weight of the world on Starmer's shoulders
He’s chosen to tear up any principles he had in pursuit of carrying that weight and at the same time made me doubt his strength to do so.

D

Deleted member 49

I guess the question to ask is which of these scenarios will result in the more changes:
Opposition leader in minor Western country calls for ceasefire in the Middle East

Opposition MP wins election and becomes Prime Minister.

?
Over 6000 dead,including more than 2000 kids.If you think there's a choice between losing votes and watching a genocide then you're morally fecked.
Worth a read.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...rael-hamas-war-protesters-keir-starmer-labour

Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
If you think there's a choice between losing votes and watching a genocide then you're morally fecked.

Luckily, you and I don't have to make those kind of choices - we can rant and rave all we like on here. Absolutely no cost to us, no downsides.

(Fun isn't it?)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well played once again Viz. Although I have laughed more at the previous issue.

IMG20231026162931~2.jpg

Top Bottom