Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Because 6 million White South Africans weren't murdered 75 years ago, nor did they face endless persecution throughout history.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/porajmos-roma-holocaust

Who should give up their land to give gypsies a national homeland? Or are some exterminations less deserving than others?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
So, no, bad as the examples you gave are, Israel is more like the US was during its westward expansion apartheid South Africa.
As bad as what is going on in Sudan? Or The Donbas region of Ukraine. or Syria, or China with the Uighurs, or Myanmar with the Rohingyas. Are atrocities measured solely by the numbers of people killed?

The world is full of evil actions by national governments and this one by Israel, following the deliberately inflammatory, violent and provocative attacks by Hamas on November 7th, is just, sadly, one in a long line. I may be cynical and pessimistic but I find it difficult to be more upset over the cruelty in this conflict than I am over many of the others going on in the world.

Israel is not going to go away as a nation, and they and the Palestinians are going to have to learn to live alongside each other, so how do you think the problems should be resolved beyond the ceasefire which must be the first step?

C R

Über Member
As bad as what is going on in Sudan? Or The Donbas region of Ukraine. or Syria, or China with the Uighurs, or Myanmar with the Rohingyas. Are atrocities measured solely by the numbers of people killed?

The world is full of evil actions by national governments and this one by Israel, following the deliberately inflammatory, violent and provocative attacks by Hamas on November 7th, is just, sadly, one in a long line. I may be cynical and pessimistic but I find it difficult to be more upset over the cruelty in this conflict than I am over many of the others going on in the world.

Israel is not going to go away as a nation, and they and the Palestinians are going to have to learn to live alongside each other, so how do you think the problems should be resolved beyond the ceasefire which must be the first step?
But in all of those cases the west, rightly, stands against the oppression and violation of human rights, but when it comes to Israel any meaningful condemnation is derided as antisemitism.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
But in all of those cases the west, rightly, stands against the oppression and violation of human rights, but when it comes to Israel any meaningful condemnation is derided as antisemitism.

it is not unheard, even on the oh-so-fair pages of this forum, to hear criticism of Hamas/Palestine derided as Islamaphobia.

Goes with the territory for anything to do with the middle east and Israel where it is difficult to separate the governments and the religion.

Of course, my condemnation, as yours, is always meaningful. I can't vouch for anyone else..

bobzmyunkle

It's yehbut Corbyn time again. Luckily he's no longer a member of the Labour party eh Tool?

Corbyn calls for inquiry by international criminal court into whether genocide has been committed in Gaza​

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom