Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
At least we found the one principle for which he'll make a stand :cursing:

Well IMO the principled thing to do would be for the shadow ministers to resign before the vote. If not then it seems like they're deliberately attempting to undermine Starmer's leadership.

Reactions: C R

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Well IMO the principled thing to do would be for the shadow ministers to resign before the vote. If not then it seems like they're deliberately attempting to undermine Starmer's leadership.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
That misses the point.

You went on a peace march a week or so I believe. Did you think that that would result in a ceasefire? If you didn't what was the point?

Was it to support a principle or was it because you thought "we need a futile gesture at this stage"?

You went on a peace march a week or so I believe. Did you think that that would result in a ceasefire? If you didn't what was the point?

Was it to support a principle or was it because you thought "we need a futile gesture at this stage"?

Probably futile. I wish I could do more.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Probably futile. I wish I could do more.

Sorry, I messed up my response which was meant to be to this post by @multitool who also went on a peace march.

It is the point

multitool

Pharaoh

No. Protest at extreme violence and mass civilian deaths. Yes. No.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
No. Protest at extreme violence and mass civilian deaths. Yes. No.

So the point was not to bring about a reduction in the extreme violence and mass civilian deaths but to register your protest as a point of principle?

A bit like those Labour MPs.

To an extent I believe that the peace marches and MP votes are both principled and futile, but they may help inform and influence our politicians rather than those of other countries. A little bit of self-indulgence but nothing wrong with that occasionally if it makes people feel a bit better about themselves.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's all part of the bigger picture.

Prick.

Touchy! That was genuinely not intended as a criticism of you in any way, or even about you, but a general point about human nature and the importance of doing things that make one feel good about oneself once in a while.

Everything is part of a bigger picture, or as the Asda Tesco (:whistle:) ad says: "every little helps".

Last edited:
Top Bottom