Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Anybody who can actually stomach watching the news, then thinking that this is about defence needs to give their head a wobble....fecking international law really ?

View: https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1725565466293285305?t=OL3SrAxR2N-Ja51feOCr9A&s=19

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
It's weird isn't it.

That ethereal space between understanding what is, and understanding where one needs to position oneself to have any meaningful impact over what is.

So hard.

multitool

Pharaoh
Explain to me like I'm five years old what meaningful (positive) impact a Starmer government is going to have. Let's just ignore for the moment the baleful influence to date of his tenure as LOTO on the sense of political possibility in the UK.

Five years old, you say?

OK.

Glugly googly googly googly

Wiggly woggly woo

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I did say 'five years old' not 'five months old', but never mind. Another question:

View: https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1725510254950023426

Screenshot_20231118-074631-161.png

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
There is an allusion in that piece to the Iraq war, and how trying to remain glued to America's hip led us into the biggest foreign policy mistake of half a century. Very true, and it was avoidable. France opposed it, in much the same way that France has been outspoken in its criticisms of Israeli violence. But then France had a very good reason to oppose the Iraq war...they'd just signed a huge oil deal with Saddam Hussein, along with Russia, and a war rendered the deal void.

We all like being able to heat our houses and put fuel in our cars. We all like having jobs. Sometimes in industries which require huge amounts of energy at a price that makes our products competitive, and therefore safeguards our jobs. France's opposition to the Iraq war had nothing to do with morality and everything to do with securing energy supply and therefore the security of the French.

It's an ugly world. You and I have the luxury of being able to voice our opinions freely, but those in charge of voicing for the nation have the entire geo-political picture to consider, and our place within it.

The truth about French, Canadian and Irish pronouncements on Israel will be that they are able to make them at no cost to their own national interests. Otherwise they would not have been made.

multitool

Pharaoh
Yeah. I mentioned Iraqi oil.

Therefore the second part of post where I mention Israel, but not oil, must be about oil.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom