Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

To some this is the bleakly inevitable next logical step in the Starmevolution.

For others, it's going to be proclaimed as another masterstroke in the dazzling elegance & complexity of the skilfully adroit game of 3.14159265359-D chess that he is treating the world to, and of course, light-years beyond the comprehension of stupid little face-value mortals.

In 3...

D

Deleted member 121

She also steered the country towards an inevitable housing crisis continued by successive governments in lack of investment in the housing market, driving up house prices and rent in which the poorer in this country in particularly are now feeling in the cost of living crisis and is driving up local government expenditure and increasing costs on us all and helping to lead councils towards effective bankruptcy. Im not sure publicly praising Thatcher for anything is a wise move for any Labour leader to make. My old man who is representative of your typical retired Tory is still not going to vote for Labour despite this and i strongly doubt he's alone...

monkers

Legendary Member
The big board game of Monopoly is drawing to a close. As the world gets ready to celebrate their first trillionaire, the earth continues her journey towards becoming a planet uninhabitable to humans under increasing threat of drug resistant plague, the genocide of pollinators, and the battle for resources.

Human populations respond by electing madmen to increase spending in preparations for war, while mad politicians seek to withdraw from the formal arrangements that cement peace. Treaties are under threat of being torn up by madmen like Sunak while we allow them the time and space to polish their egos.

Humans acting out of self-interest having lost the instinct for cooperation and survival and curiosity for knowledge will instead cooperate in their own genocide.

We need cooperation to end this madness. In Britain town councils are declaring bankruptcy, and now whole counties like Nottinghamshire too.

If Starmer thinks the revival of Thatcherism is the answer, then he brings the day of reckoning closer.

Bring on the giffs of Fraser saying 'we're doomed', and take the piss out of those that dare exhibit their wisdom. Instead label them as the truly mad. Point to Greta, scorn her and hate her, that will surely be the fix we need.

If we don't cooperate for the continuation of human populations, then we our species will not have long before the suffering begins.

We are in the process of organising a circular firing squad of billions of the human population because the egos of the mad are sacred.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

My old man who is representative of your typical retired Tory is still not going to vote for Labour despite this and i strongly doubt he's alone...

My mother's the epitome of the forelock tugging rural peasant. I doubt invoking Thatcher will endear 'that horrible man' to her either.

But that's not the game. He's presenting himself to the power brokers as someone they can support.

multitool

Pharaoh
What's good about this is that it will go a long way in killing off the chances of a Labour resurgence in Scotland.

Don't be ridiculous...

GAblNyEWQAAcj_5.jpeg.jpg

multitool

Pharaoh
Anyway, I bothered to read the article where Starmer allegedly praises Thatcher. Turns out he doesn't praise what she did at all, but praises her having a sense of purpose.

I see his point. He's talking about transformational politics. He's also trying to prise the narrative away from polarised populist certainties.

multitool

Pharaoh
LOL. I've got a grudging admiration for your bloody-minded commitment to backing Starmer come hell or high water. It's like a sort of perverse rhetorical workout.

It's not so much a post backing Starmer, as bothering to read the article and see what it actually says rather than what the headless-chickens say it says.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I suppose it's quite easy to be non-territorial and try to appeal to everyone when you don't actually have any meaningful policy ideas that might persuade people one way or another.

Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

It's not so much a post backing Starmer, as bothering to read the article and see what it actually says

'Thatcher had “set loose our natural entrepreneurialism” during her time as prime minister.'

He appears to be praising this, with it's implication of the Tory mantra of rolling back state bureaucracy.

'The Labour leader touted the party’s “iron-clad fiscal rules” in an effort to portray Labour as trustworthy on the economy.'

And a promise of more austerity.

What's not to like

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom