Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Is that it? Srsly? It's hurtful to think I'm not even worth a better class of wind-up.

Well, it's not it. <awaits shrill hyperbolated response to what Claudine thinks Hodge should have said>

And of course you ignored the entirety of the rest of my post choosing to focus on just two words in the hope of an easy point score and ignoring the centrality of it, which is that you seem to be positing a conspiracy theory with string-pulling Jews at the centre of it.

The reality is, it's not about Israel at all. Its all about local gain.

Screenshot_20240315_163430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

C R

Über Member
She is saying that Jews suffer prejudice, not racism.

She stated the obvious fact that a jewish person is not obviously jewish, whereas a black person is obviously black. Of course, she should have known that stating the bleeding obvious is an anti semitic act.

multitool

Shaman
She stated the obvious fact that a jewish person is not obviously jewish, whereas a black person is obviously black. Of course, she should have known that stating the bleeding obvious is an anti semitic act.

Look, this is boring.

I've posted a screenshot of her actual bloody letter, in which she says that Jews suffer prejudice and that it is not the same as racism. Therefore Jews do not suffer racism.

Don't bother arguing it with me. I'm not interested in what you think Abott said, when I can see with my own eyes what she actually said.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Look, this is boring

Not least because we did all this when it happened, less than a year ago.*

*An aside - I just did a search to check on this, and it's reminded me what a loss Newfhouse is the place (if indeed he has gone.)

Screenshot_20240315-195650-053.png

Anyway, we didn't all agree then (well, we agreed that Abbott's letter was a shocker, but disagreed about its import and about the urge to discipline and punish), and unsurprisingly we dont all agree now. But it's a tendency of Starmerites to behave as if their authoritarianism has some kind of consensus behind it, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm still not sure why you posted a screenshot of a year-old Hodge Tweet extolling the virtues of Schama's liberal Zionism. His disapproval of Netanyahu hasn't stopped him churning out IOF propaganda and endlessly rationalising the ongoing genocide. Odd that you didn't choose something more recent from Hodge's career. Like this, for example...

View: https://twitter.com/_LFI/status/1745107813284622404?t=kmR14woL0yw7LitQGCHp_g&s=19

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
Anyway, we didn't all agree then (well, we agreed that Abbott's letter was a shocker, but disagreed about its import and about the urge to discipline and punish), and unsurprisingly we dont all agree now. But it's a tendency of Starmerites to behave as if their authoritarianism has some kind of consensus behind it, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Ah, could this be that putative silent majority again?

I've yet to hear any complaints about the purging of the Corbynite hard-left from the party coming from the electorate. Given the repudiation of Corbyn in 2019 by the electorate, its probably safe to assume theyd prefer a Labour party they feel they can vote for.

(I know, I know.. you'd much rather a party of eternal protest, comrade).

I'm still not sure why you posted a screenshot of a year-old Hodge Tweet extolling the virtues of Schama's liberal Zionism.

Aren't you? Look a little closer. It is pretty prescient...

His disapproval of Netanyahu hasn't stopped him churning out IOF propaganda and endlessly rationalising the ongoing genocide.

Nice try. This is about Hodge's output, not everything Schama has said since 7/10/23.

Odd that you didn't choose something more recent from Hodge's career. Like this, for example...

View: https://twitter.com/_LFI/status/1745107813284622404?t=kmR14woL0yw7LitQGCHp_g&s=19

Support for " Israel and her people in the aftermath of 7th October". Not an unreasonable thing to offer unless of your you were celebrating the October attack.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Support for " Israel and her people in the aftermath of 7th October". Not an unreasonable thing to offer unless of your you were celebrating the October attack.

Solidarity with a state perpetrating genocide, three months into the slaughter.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Were you not saying that accusations of anti-semitism were confected by Jews for the benefit of Israel?

No I didn't, as you well know. You're oddly precise when it comes to dissecting Abbott's words, but very cavalier with mine.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
This is about Hodge's output
Make your mind up what it's about. You said 'look at what Hodge is saying now [my emphasis] about Israeli actions in Gaza', and then posted as an example a screenshot of a year-old Tweet with the date removed. So... what is she saying now about what Israel's doing to Gaza that is going to counter my current perception that she's one of the most vindictive, repugnant, racist ghouls in Parliament (a very crowded field)?

multitool

Shaman
Make your mind up what it's about. You said 'look at what Hodge is saying now [my emphasis] about Israeli actions in Gaza', and then posted as an example a screenshot of a year-old Tweet with the date removed. So... what is she saying now about what Israel's doing to Gaza that is going to counter my current perception that she's one of the most vindictive, repugnant, racist ghouls in Parliament (a very crowded field)?

Ah! A vindictive, repugnant racist ghoul?

In which case, you'll easily find examples of her outright support for Israeli military action in Gaza, won't you.

Except you won't. Which is the point.

Last edited:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Ah! A vindictive, repugnant racist ghoul?

In which case, you'll easily find examples of her outright support for Israeli military action in Gaza, won't you.

Except you won't. Which is the point.
:laugh: We've shifted pretty quickly from 'What Margaret Hodge is saying now' to 'What she's not saying whilst glad-handing genocidaires.'

Top Bottom