Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
:laugh: We've shifted pretty quickly from 'What Margaret Hodge is saying now' to 'What she's not saying whilst glad-handing genocidaires.'

Find me anything she has said supporting Israeli violence. Everything I've seen is describing the violence in Israel and Gaza as a tragedy, and the backdrop to this is her tweet you glibly dismissed where she condemns the actions of the Israeli government in removing Palestinian rights, and, correctly foresees that it will lead to strife.

Hardly flag-waving for the IDF.

So let's look at Luciana Berger. Or would you rather not? :whistle:

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Not so tough. I routinely express support for Israel and her people in the aftermath of the October 7th attacks. Just not for the things Israel is doing in response. My position is very clear.

multitool

Shaman
If you want a contrast of somebody who actually does voice support for Israeli violence have a listen to Melanie Phillips on last night's QT.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Not least because we did all this when it happened, less than a year ago.*

*An aside - I just did a search to check on this, and it's reminded me what a loss Newfhouse is the place (if indeed he has gone.)

View attachment 5637

Anyway, we didn't all agree then (well, we agreed that Abbott's letter was a shocker, but disagreed about its import and about the urge to discipline and punish), and unsurprisingly we dont all agree now. But it's a tendency of Starmerites to behave as if their authoritarianism has some kind of consensus behind it, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm still not sure why you posted a screenshot of a year-old Hodge Tweet extolling the virtues of Schama's liberal Zionism. His disapproval of Netanyahu hasn't stopped him churning out IOF propaganda and endlessly rationalising the ongoing genocide. Odd that you didn't choose something more recent from Hodge's career. Like this, for example...

View: https://twitter.com/_LFI/status/1745107813284622404?t=kmR14woL0yw7LitQGCHp_g&s=19

What's with the personification? Starmer did it, 'Israel has the right to defend herself' and now here it is again. Do they do the same thing with other countries? It feels rather ethno nationalistic.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
If you want a contrast of somebody who actually does voice support for Israeli violence have a listen to Melanie Phillips on last night's QT.

"Not quite as much of a wingnut as Melanie Phillips." Setting the bar high, there. Still, at least Jonathan Reynolds came back at Phillips and her deranged racist rant. Oh, hang on a minute...

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Find me anything she has said supporting Israeli violence. Everything I've seen is describing the violence in Israel and Gaza as a tragedy, and the backdrop to this is her tweet you glibly dismissed where she condemns the actions of the Israeli government in removing Palestinian rights, and, correctly foresees that it will lead to strife.

Hardly flag-waving for the IDF.

So let's look at Luciana Berger. Or would you rather not? :whistle:

moving-goal-posts-field.gif

multitool

Shaman
Not really.

I'm sure you can counter with examples of Hodges horrid racism of which you are accusing her.

Maybe start with that Guardian article I linked above.

Shouldn't be too hard.

multitool

Shaman
By the way, whilst Claudine is jumping at the bit to seize upon things Labour MPs haven't said, it is noticeable that she hasn't commented on what Labour MPs have said, noticeably filibustering out Truss's anti-trans Bill this week.

That's right, Ladies and Gennelmen.

In the game of out-cooling each other and, in the process gaining edge Lord points, it simply isn't done to take a balanced view assessing all evidence.

No no no.

One must be completely deaf to anything that suggests one might be...shock horror!!! Wrong about something in the Internet.

See how Claudine evaded the substantive points of my long-forgotten post, and fixated on two words.

That's how it's done, everybody. Watch the master at work.

Last edited:

C R

Über Member
By the way, whilst Claudine is jumping at the bit to seize upon things Labour MPs haven't said, it is noticeable that she hasn't commented on what Labour MPs have said, noticeably filibustering out Truss's anti-trans Bill this week.

That's right, Ladies and Gennelmen.

In the game of out-cooling each other and, in the process gaining edge Lord points, it simply isn't done to take a balanced view assessing all evidence.

No no no.

One must be completely deaf to anything that suggests one might be...shock horror!!! Wrong about something in the Internet.

See how Claudine evaded the substantive points of my long-forgotten post, and fixated on two words.

That's how it's done, everybody. Watch the master at work.

Starmer allows his mps to do one decent thing, give the man a medal.

Top Bottom