Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Point of order, Starmer's labour have not inflicted any damage on the tories yet, all the damage to the tories so far has been self inflicted.

I celebrate it, and will also celebrate when labour inflict some damage.

I said some of the methods.

The main method has been to stand back and let the Tories implode, while being careful not to say anything that would scare thehorses.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Except my horses whinny and tremble and sweat in white-eyed terror when, down at the paddock, I whisper to them "Starmer and Reeves; fiscally responsible dream ticket".
Your horses may vary.

Last edited:

multitool

I said some of the methods.

The main method has been to stand back and let the Tories implode, while being careful not to say anything that would scare thehorses.

If its a good idea never to interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake then on that basis Labour should stay silent until July 4th.

You have to wonder why voters aren't filling up parties other than Labour with their voting intentions. For all the criticisms, Labour are getting it right because this stage of the process is purely about numbers.

Screenshot_20240529_072602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rusty Nails

Country Member
If its a good idea never to interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake then on that basis Labour should stay silent until July 4th.

You have to wonder why voters aren't filling up parties other than Labour with their voting intentions. For all the criticisms, Labour are getting it right because this stage of the process is purely about numbers.

View attachment 6009

I agree that Starmer's tactics are successful, which is a welcome change from recent history, but believe that one of the main reasons people are not filling up other parties (although we will have to wait until after election night to see how much that is true) is that the electorate has become brainwashed by our FPTP system to believe that any vote other than Labour or Tory will make little or no difference to who eventually governs. This rather stifling reality then becomes self-fulfilling.

Reactions: C R

Ian H

Legendary Member

That's as much because of the first past the post system as anything. It thus varies regionally according to which the main opposition is in any given constituency.

bobzmyunkle

Come on Toolzie, tell Keith to get a grip.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Reports now are that Abbott has not been barred from candidacy.

Or maybe that's not yet...

So she's got the whip back, but hasn't been selected as the candidate despite being the sitting Labour MP, so there's a chance if she wants to stand it might have to be as an independent meaning she'll have to resign the whip and leave the Labour party herself.

I think I see what they did there.

Ian H

Legendary Member
So she's got the whip back, but hasn't been selected as the candidate despite being the sitting Labour MP, so there's a chance if she wants to stand it might have to be as an independent meaning she'll have to resign the whip and leave the Labour party herself.

I think I see what they did there.

I suspect the open and transparent selection process will enable Starmer to claim there were no underhand tactics.

Top Bottom