Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Did they think they could keep it under wraps? Or did they leak it themselves, in the belief that it's a Red Wall vote winner?

Who knows. It is the unexpected calling of an election that pushed this to the fore, but it sounds like negotiations had been ongoing. It'll be one of Abbott's coterie that leaked it.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Labour have repeatedly demanded that Sunak call an election, knowing he only had until the end of this year at the latest, but when he does it's unexpected? Come off it.

multitool

Labour have repeatedly demanded that Sunak call an election, knowing he only had until the end of this year at the latest, but when he does it's unexpected? Come off it.

You should tell the Tory MPs. They are all whinging because they weren't expecting it until the Autumn.

What Labour were calling for is neither here nor there.

winjim

You should tell the Tory MPs. They are all whinging because they weren't expecting it until the Autumn.

What Labour were calling for is neither here nor there.

This is the Starmer thread and we're discussing Diane Abbott.

Reactions: C R

winjim

Sorry, but you don't get to tell me what I can discuss.

WTF are you on about? I'm pointing out that in a discussion about Labour candidate selection for a general election, it's relevant to consider what Labour's position has been regarding the timing of said election, and it doesn't matter what Tory MPs think.

Discuss whatever the hell you like, I don't care. It's mostly noise anyway.

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Not a bad take on what's going on at Labour candidate wise.

I liked the "relationship status" line in particular.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22n56e3z6o

bobzmyunkle

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-30-16-04-54-456_com.guardian.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-30-16-04-54-456_com.guardian.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Top Bottom