Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Don't forget those who wouldn't vote tactically to keep the Tories out ;-)

But it's old news. What we can do now is where we should be putting our energy....
Your right....but where should we put our energy ?

Your right....but where should we put our energy ?
Local.
Activism.
Supporting organisations that can make a difference.
Fundraiser for an assassin....

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
The media made every fecking issue about Corbyn ! Anyone who didn't vote Labour in 2019 handed this shitshow a 80 seat majority.
Out of curiosity which of his "ideas" was it you didnt like ?

I think many of his ideas were not thought through and I don't think he had credible policies on defence and foreign affairs. He didn't handle Brexit well. Whether he would have been prepared to change and could have built these ideas into credible policies if he'd had more support from the centre, and more time, is a different question.

I live in a very safe Tory seat so voting Labour would have had no effect.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Explain to me why the Tories keep getting in then, Labour had a decent run of it with Blair and Brown so why didn't they change enough to get the country back on their side forever?
It's the usual tragedy: anyone who wins under the unfair system thinks it helped them win bigger, so they don't start trying to reform it to be fairer until it's too late. It seems that the only way it'll happen is a coalition with a minor party with a leader smarter than Clegg who doesn't sell them short.

D

Deleted member 49

I think many of his ideas were not thought through and I don't think he had credible policies on defence and foreign affairs. He didn't handle Brexit well. Whether he would have been prepared to change and could have built these ideas into credible policies if he'd had more support from the centre, and more time, is a different question.

I live in a very safe Tory seat so voting Labour would have had no effect.
I think the majority of the Labour manifesto was thought through,Nationalizing utilities,transport,fully funded NHS,tackling tax evasion etc....dare not mention that disaster of free broadband 🙄
I agree on Brexit,should of gone with his gut instinct and let it happen ! Maybe to eager to please some of his so called colleagues who were willing to stab him in the back.
On the whole though the irony of Corbyn being right on most things still haunts people lol....
Back to what we have with Starmer ? Ten quid a hour min wage lol.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Sadly Starmer believes this is what he's doing

Very clever, but, please, if you are going to quote my post, at least have the integrity not to edit it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
'The electorate' isn't a bunch of focus groups, whether in Redcar or Nuneaton. It includes the huge majority of people whose interests Labour have abandoned any attempt to represent.
Wouldn’t disagree with that, mainly because, IMHO, we are saying pretty much the same thing.

Top Bottom