Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You say that like it's a bad thing... :tongue:
I think it is, to be fair. I don't say that to get at the SNP, who quite understandably capitalized on the yawning gap that Labour had left with its uncompromising unionism and its rightward and authoritarian shift under Blair, and became a better party during the (2014) referendum as a result, but it's a bad thing not to have any electoral representation on the left / centre left that isn't subordinate to the question of independence, and also for leftists marooned in the English Tory Hellscape it makes general elections so much more difficult.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I demand a apology 🙄
Not at all, just highlighting how the compassionate left is not always what it seems.

Remember, this is from the same poster who gave us
in fact we could do with ending hatred full stop.
when discussing a murdered politician. Now he wants a whip round to murder another one!

But hey, you will all laugh it off and all will be well.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I think it is, to be fair. I don't say that to get at the SNP, who quite understandably capitalized on the yawning gap that Labour had left with its uncompromising unionism and its rightward and authoritarian shift under Blair, and became a better party during the (2014) referendum as a result, but it's a bad thing not to have any electoral representation on the left / centre left that isn't subordinate to the question of independence, and also for leftists marooned in the English Tory Hellscape it makes general elections so much more difficult.
I get the first point, in an academic sense at least (& for me it makes the question of how & for whom Scotland would vote post-independence very interesting), but the uncomfortable truth is that Scottish seats have made incredibly little difference to Westminster governments over the years.

Going back to the 70s, the only election in which Scotland could have secured a Labour majority (if every single Scottish seat had gone red) was 2017 - ironically the year in which the SNP lost 21 seats (12 to the Tories), in no small way due to Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale exhorting Labour supporters in marginals to vote tactically to keep the SNP out. Without that it's quite possible a Labour/SNP pact could have put Corbyn into Downing Street.

D

Deleted member 49

Not at all, just highlighting how the compassionate left is not always what it seems.

Remember, this is from the same poster who gave us

when discussing a murdered politician. Now he wants a whip round to murder another one!

But hey, you will all laugh it off and all will be well.
Compassionate left lol....not fecking me ! As my partner likes to tell me "I've a swinging brick of a heart"
As for Fabbers....there's a reason they call him the Jackal of Dover 🙄

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Ah ok, it's just banter isn't it?

I look forward to this being carried through to all threads in future.
I agree that it's not OK but you might want to protest about some of the shoot being posted by people with political views more like yours too, else it looks like opportunist distraction.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I agree that it's not OK but you might want to protest about some of the shoot being posted by people with political views more like yours too, else it looks like opportunist distraction.

Apart from me absolutely no-one has mentioned the posted view of a poster from your side of the political divide. We must assume that apart from you, everyone who takes your broad viewpoint agrees that killing an MP is a good idea?

It's a hunch, but I reckon if I posted up about hiring an assassin when Jo Cox's killer was sentenced I would have been roundly condemned. But hey, "it's only Fabbers isn't it, he doesn't mean any harm, hell let's just post a few fish based puns and move on. Craig needs to realise it's only banter"

D

Deleted member 49

Fecking hell .....is this Starmers way of getting the left to vote Lib Dem !
Noooooo I won't 🙄
Screenshot_20220428-151846.png

D

Deleted member 49

A drugs policy based on decriminalisation and harm reduction is indeed one of the reasons I tend towards voting Lib Dem.
Doesn't outweigh how sh1t they are though 😁

Top Bottom