Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Starmer, let me remind you, campaigned on a platform of how he was above the sheer greed of the Tories. He specifically talked about how important it was to improve the standing of politicians, and regain the respect of the electorate. Now, after a mere eight weeks in office, questions are already been raised about donations.
By the Conservative party. And answered satisfactorily (ish).

C R

Über Member
By the Conservative party. And answered satisfactorily (ish).

The ish is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Continuing along like this only helps Farage and the like.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well, there's stuff like present genocide, imminent winter, and everything already falling apart. Other than that I hope you and he are having a nice honeymoon.
yes, but you have to allow for political cause and effect. What we see now is the result of what the Conservative Government did over 6 months ago. If a policy change is made it takes time to see and measure the effect.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Starmer's government is doubling down on austerity, authoritarianism and genocide support.

They're gonna pivot left any day now...

Any day now...

Any day...

Any...

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Well, there's stuff like present genocide, imminent winter, and everything already falling apart. Other than that I hope you and he are having a nice honeymoon.

I’m not sure he has much influence on the genocide, assuming you mean Gaza and not the winter cull of boomers. And even he has no influence on the seasons falling when they do. But I’m not happy he hasn’t stopped the war in Ukraine.
I’m happily married so there was no chance of a honeymoon, although I do admit to a bit of a bromance at the start of his leadership, now sadly passed, when I was taken in by his youth and charm compared to the crusty boomer before him.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He could stop arming Israel tomorrow.

He could, but I'm not sure he has much influence on the genocide. Nor on any other country's supplies to Israel.

Edit: I believe that he should, because of Israel's actions, but the riders above still stand and Gazans will be killed in the same numbers...unless the US follows suit and there is no chance of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom