Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
He could, but I'm not sure he has much influence on the genocide. Nor on any other country's supplies to Israel.

Edit: I believe that he should, because of Israel's actions, but the riders above still stand and Gazans will be killed in the same numbers...

Fewer weapons will mean a reduced capability to slaughter Palestinians, so that would be a welcome influence, however small.

Another benefit would be increased pressure on other countries not to arm them.

And it would be nice for us not to be complicit in Israel’s war crimes.

icowden

Legendary Member
He could stop arming Israel tomorrow.

Not without creating a huge problem for the British Military. Private Eye have reported on this for some time. The Conservative Government set up contracts with Elbit, an Israeli Military Technology Company. They supply and develop a large amount of our military electronics and control systems. They have a £500 million pound contract to provide manage the UK Military Flight Training System and they have multiple manufacturing facilities in the UK.

If we stop supplying Israel they will stop providing to the Government and I doubt anyone has checked whether these very high tech systems that they are providing can be shut down remotely. They may also start closing their manufacturing plants.

To be fair, Alex Chalk did previously cancel two contracts with Elbit so there is a precedent but more have been issued since.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Not without creating a huge problem for the British Military. Private Eye have reported on this for some time. The Conservative Government set up contracts with Elbit, an Israeli Military Technology Company. They supply and develop a large amount of our military electronics and control systems. They have a £500 million pound contract to provide manage the UK Military Flight Training System and they have multiple manufacturing facilities in the UK.

If we stop supplying Israel they will stop providing to the Government and I doubt anyone has checked whether these very high tech systems that they are providing can be shut down remotely. They may also start closing their manufacturing plants.

To be fair, Alex Chalk did previously cancel two contracts with Elbit so there is a precedent but more have been issued since.

Clever move on the part of Israel. Create subordinates of your allies.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Fewer weapons will mean a reduced capability to slaughter Palestinians, so that would be a welcome influence, however small.

Another benefit would be increased pressure on other countries not to arm them.

And it would be nice for us not to be complicit in Israel’s war crimes.

Given the status of the UK these days there is not one country who would be influenced by us, nor would it increase pressure on them in any way. No influence is not a welcome influence

We should do the right thing because it is the right thing.

Top Bottom