Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member

Rusty Nails

Country Member
In the Western world. I believe most Asian countries do not feel the the same way.

Prior to Oct 7 2023 there were improving relations between Israel and some middle east countries. Israel's actions since then have put an end to that...it is almost as if it was a factor in Hamas's attack.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Prior to Oct 7 2023 there were improving relations between Israel and some middle east countries. Israel's actions since then have put an end to that...it is almost as if it was a factor in Hamas's attack.

We're talking about the special status Israel never had with countries outside Europe & America. Nothing particularly to do with diplomatic relations.

Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
We're talking about the special status Israel never had with countries outside Europe & America. Nothing particularly to do with diplomatic relations.

Are we?

Diplomatic relations form part of the status any country has with others.

Israel has always had, for obvious reasons, an unfortunate special status with many Arab countries.

C R

Über Member
Are we?

Diplomatic relations form part of the status any country has with others.

Israel has always had, for obvious reasons, an unfortunate special status with many Arab countries.

I think @Ian H means that Asian and African countries can't be guilt tripped with references to antisemitism, and for most Africans Israel is just a colonial power.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think @Ian H means that Asian and African countries can't be guilt tripped with references to antisemitism, and for most Africans Israel is just a colonial power.
I am a cynic.

I suspect that to most countries without a specific relationship to Israel, prior to the actions of Israel since October 2023, Israel is not a major issue to them. Just as most Europeans do not get overly concerned with atrocities the other side of the World unless it involves people overtly just like us, or those we have a specific relationship with.

albion

Guru
The media and the right wing section of the BBC seem to be inventing a crisis that is, on the whole, headline grabbing.

Reeves and Raynor also alleged to have received donated clothes or money for clothes now. Of course it's small potatoes in the big scheme of donations/bribes but still not a good look.

I think most ex leaders of any country have been notorious for coining it once they've left office. Speeches, advisory roles, book deals, tv show deals. Can't think of any recent ones who haven't tbh. I think you'd have to go back to say the Jimmy Carter era to find ones who didn't jump on the circuit to cash in on their political career.

What's really obvious is there needs to be more transparency and detail about where these cash donations are spent. Bridget Phillipson got £14k from Lord Ali. But it definitely wasn't for a birthday party.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...-as-declared-properly-and-thoroughly-13219807

Last edited:
Top Bottom