Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's Sue Gray. Is the insinuation that she left after a row over Starmer's alleged indiscretions? There was talk on X last week of there being a super injunction against the papers reporting something re Starmer but it seems to have fizzled out now.

icowden

Legendary Member
None of that means anything to me, sorry.

So Cryptic crossword clues are puzzles:-

Former Boris favourite rues gay scandal. (3,4)

One end of the clue is a direct clue to the answer. The rest is a set of instructions as to how to solve it.

In this case the "definition" is "Former Boris favourite" - a sarcastic reference to Sue grey and her investigation of Borisgate.

scandal I think is an anagram indicator. If we scandalise "rues gay" ) i.e. mix it up - we get "Sue Grey".

C R

Über Member
So Cryptic crossword clues are puzzles:-

Former Boris favourite rues gay scandal. (3,4)

One end of the clue is a direct clue to the answer. The rest is a set of instructions as to how to solve it.

In this case the "definition" is "Former Boris favourite" - a sarcastic reference to Sue grey and her investigation of Borisgate.

scandal I think is an anagram indicator. If we scandalise "rues gay" ) i.e. mix it up - we get "Sue Grey".

Yes, I get that, but what is it supposed to mean, or was it just a convoluted way of saying Sue Gray.

Top Bottom