Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Feck he's bland....I really don't know how you can have enthusiasm for him.

View: https://twitter.com/chakrabortty/status/1585962156113408001?t=6c5Kb0lkWd5BWSVDnkasHw&s=19

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Feck he's bland....I really don't know how you can have enthusiasm for him.

View: https://twitter.com/chakrabortty/status/1585962156113408001?t=6c5Kb0lkWd5BWSVDnkasHw&s=19

If Chakrabortty thinks that Starmer acting against a tweet that makes a political point of Sunak's race is racist because the person who made it is herself of Asian heritage then he should have the courage to say it rather than use weasel words.
Twitter encourages a lot of idiots in the race for the low ground.

D

Deleted member 49

If Chakrabortty thinks that Starmer acting against a tweet that makes a political point of Sunak's race is racist because the person who made it is herself of Asian heritage then he should have the courage to say it rather than use weasel words.
Twitter encourages a lot of idiots in the race for the low ground.
Acting against a tweet....get a grip of yourself.I wish he would of just said it.Feck he looks terrified,can he actually say yes or no ?
"Your dreams can come true" 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
If she genuinely feels Sunak's achievement isn't a 'win for Asian representation' then I suppose she should leave it up. I would think many in the Asian community feel it is a significant achievement though and might feel Whittome is belittling it simply because he's a Tory. But if Labour want to alienate their voters I suppose that's up to them.

Pankaj Mishra putting all this 'win for Asian representation' bollocks to bed:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...destroying-tories-pitiful-vision-of-diversity

theclaud

Reading around the chip
There is a very small part of me that feels a little sorry for Liz Truss
violin-tiny.gif

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Jesus it's the most pitiful thing I've ever seen.

I've not really been paying much attention to Starmer but also been willing to cut him a lot of slack since NotTory > Tory, and as I said before a dead badger would do a better job than this current lot, but what on Earth was that?

There are many things wrong there but does he really think that anyone who has issues with the English public school system somehow isn't patriotic enough?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I've not really been paying much attention to Starmer but also been willing to cut him a lot of slack since NotTory > Tory, and as I said before a dead badger would do a better job than this current lot, but what on Earth was that?

There are many things wrong there but does he really think that anyone who has issues with the English public school system somehow isn't patriotic enough?

Is that English Public School System, or, UK Public School System? ie, are some acceptable, and, others not?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Pankaj Mishra putting all this 'win for Asian representation' bollocks to bed:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...destroying-tories-pitiful-vision-of-diversity

As I said before, it's perfectly possible for two things to be true at once, ie. that a person of Asian heritage becoming a UK pm is an achievement and worthy of note, and also that he not going to do much for the vast majority of Asian heritage people in the UK because he will follow Conservative Party policies. Exactly the same could be said of Margaret Thatcher and her becoming the first woman pm.

I don't know why you struggle to understand this.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Is that English Public School System, or, UK Public School System? ie, are some acceptable, and, others not?

English. The English public school system is what makes us proud to be British.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
English. The English public school system is what makes us proud to be British.

Might make you proud, does nothing for me personally.

Seems a bit churlish to leave out the 100 or so Independent Schools in Scotland, I am sure they do their bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom