Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

We've had the worst government in living memory...I mean they've been fecking criminal ! Austerity hasn't fixed anything,
Who can honestly say that Starmer/ Labour offer anything at all that looks like fixing things or making things any better ? Anyone actually heard something positive from Starmer other than maybe purchase some shares in private healthcare and look after yourselves.Thanks for the tip 🙄
He's a fecking joke,doesn't deserve to be in power.

Reactions: C R

fozy tornip

fozympotent
This coy hedging - every time the subject of Starmer comes up - is beginning to pall.

C R

Über Member
Blood in your stools. I've just realised, when Starmer says 'internal bleeding' and 'home testing' he's talking about blood in your stools and a FIT test. Idiot.

Not quite the first thing that comes to mind when I hear internal bleeding.

multitool

Shaman
Starmer won’t oppose the anti-protest Public Order Bill amendments.

This is called "Trying to put as much distance as you can between yourself and Corbyn", lest you leave yourself vulnerable to attack from right. See also Self ID law, public sector strikes etc

Rusty Nails

Country Member
This is called "Trying to put as much distance as you can between yourself and Corbyn", lest you leave yourself vulnerable to attack from right. See also Self ID law, public sector strikes etc

Not a bad tactic to become leader, but not good enough to make a career out of.

I’m sure you can see the problem with that but for the benefit of any casual readers, if he moves so far from progressive politics that he becomes a conservative what has the country gained?

D

Deleted member 49

Not a bad tactic to become leader, but not good enough to make a career out of.
Except that wasn't the tactic to become leader..
"Starmer called on his supporters to consider Jeremy Corbyn's 2017 manifesto as the "foundation" of the Labour Party. Sir Keir argued the last four years should be celebrated by building on the radicalism that enthused people"

multitool

Shaman
I’m sure you can see the problem with that but for the benefit of any casual readers, if he moves so far from progressive politics that he becomes a conservative what has the country gained?

I'd guess that he's calculated that in the current climate it doesn't matter. Voters will vote for a conservative who isnt a Conservative.

I'm not sure, politically, what his alternatives are currently. It doesn't matter how you or I view Corbyn, it matters how enough voters in critical areas viewed him, and he still carries a stench.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Except that wasn't the tactic to become leader..
"Starmer called on his supporters to consider Jeremy Corbyn's 2017 manifesto as the "foundation" of the Labour Party. Sir Keir argued the last four years should be celebrated by building on the radicalism that enthused people"

"But with an electable leader in charge"

He didn't actually say that, it would have shown disloyalty and been electoral suicide, but that was the sub-text of his campaign.

D

Deleted member 49

"But with an electable leader in charge"

He didn't actually say that, it would have shown disloyalty and been electoral suicide, but that was the sub-text of his campaign.
What did he say ?
2020 launching his leadership campaign....
"Speaking in Manchester, the shadow Brexit secretary called on his supporters to consider Jeremy Corbyn's 2017 manifesto as the "foundation" of the Labour Party. Sir Keir argued the last four years should also not be "trashed" but celebrated by building on the radicalism that he claimed enthused people on the doorsteps ahead of the general election. Hinting at an even more radical approach going forward, the leadership frontrunner said: “We are not going to trash the last Labour Government."

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom