Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Only the two people who delivered the first Labour govt since 1979, and won 3 terms.
What a legacy....

D

Deleted member 49

Much better than losing every other GE in the past 44 years to allow the Tories to govern and cause damage for 31 of those years.

What this country definitely needs is more unlucky or gallant Labour losers who cannot quite persuade enough people to vote for them.
Another who would rather not mention the war....what sort of damage did that leave ?
I'll ask you again what are Labour under Starmer offering other than not being the Tories ?
Bit like moving house....but only moving next door as far as I can see.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Another who would rather not mention the war....what sort of damage did that leave ?
I'll ask you again what are Labour under Starmer offering other than not being the Tories ?
Bit like moving house....but only moving next door as far as I can see.

I am not Basil Fawlty, and have no problem mentioning the war. It was something that the country and the Labour Party should be ashamed of...but it happened and this is now 20 years on.

As for Starmer, I've already said a long time ago that he has been a disappointment and he should be offering something more than he is but, practically, we are stuck with him and must hope that the house next door is in a better condition than the one we are in. People often have short memories when it comes to governments' mistakes and the most important time (although not the only) to ram opposition messages home is in the run up to an election.

I continue to follow with interest your almost daily bulletins on Starmer' s uselessness.

D

Deleted member 49

I continue to follow with interest your almost daily bulletins on Starmer' s uselessness
Feck....he makes it look easy.The world and certainly this country is a different place from 20 years ago.At least Labour under Corbyn offered some sort of change/hope as opposed to drab nothingness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Feck....he makes it look easy.The world and certainly this country is a different place from 20 years ago.At least Labour under Corbyn offered some sort of change/hope as opposed to drab nothingness.

If, if, if...

Remind me, what was his legacy, other than being another gallant loser. Close against the hopeless May and a mile away from Johnson. And Labour as split as ever.

multitool

Shaman

No, he didn't. He offered electoral devastation.
Unless you can get into power your 'offer' is meaningless. Hope means nothing if it is empty.
Corbyn's 'values' meant nothing because he couldn't turn them into political realities. Empty words. Hot air.

As I said, there is a tension between party membership, parliamentary party and electorate. In Corbyn's case, two of those were against him. He temporarily turned the Labour Party into a protest party, mirroring his political career.

It's easy to shout morals from the sideline if you aren't actually having to deal with getting stuff done

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

No, he didn't. He offered electoral devastation.
Unless you can get into power your 'offer' is meaningless. Hope means nothing if it is empty.
Corbyn's 'values' meant nothing because he couldn't turn them into political realities. Empty words. Hot air.

As I said, there is a tension between party membership, parliamentary party and electorate. In Corbyn's case, two of those were against him. He temporarily turned the Labour Party into a protest party, mirroring his political career.

It's easy to shout morals from the sideline if you aren't actually having to deal with getting stuff done
I'm taking.it you didn't vote Labour at the last election ? Because you obviously knew it was all "hot air" ?
Keir Starmer in the Times today: "The Labour Party I lead today is unrecognisable from 2019. There are those who don’t like that change... To them I say in all candour: we are never going back. If you don’t like it, nobody is forcing you to stay."
Not a word on anything else..you know like not wanting a privatised NHS, wanting people to afford to house and feed themselves and thinking that Trade Unions and workers are a force for good.
He stood for leader on a platform of pledges and then ditched everything,but hey nobody is forcing anyone to stay...probally the first truth he has said.

multitool

Shaman
I knew we wouldn't get a Labour government, but I voted Labour because I live in a swing constituency and we have had an excellent Labour MP. Thanks to Corbyn we got a Tory.

With regards to the rest of your post you seem to not want to learn the electoral lessons of the past century. The governments of the UK have been predominantly Tory. I'm not sure why you think the electorate are suddenly going to want radical left-wing policies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

I knew we wouldn't get a Labour government, but I voted Labour because I live in a swing constituency and we have had an excellent Labour MP. Thanks to Corbyn we got a Tory.

With regards to the rest of your post you seem to not want to learn the electoral lessons of the past century. The governments of the UK have been predominantly Tory. I'm not sure why you think the electorate are suddenly going to want radical left-wing policies.
Radical left wing lol...there was nothing radical about the last Labour manifesto.
Anyway I'm sure you'll be pleased...
Keir Starmer says Jeremy Corbyn will not stand for Labour in the next general election

D

Deleted member 49

Almost a Valentine's message for you @multitool 😍
Screenshot_20230215-104559-240.png

Top Bottom