Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Starmer confirms Corbyn won't be allowed to stand as an MP at the next election. Wonder if he will stand as an independent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...e-labour-candidate-next-election-keir-starmer
I posted this a page ago...but I'll be the first to admit I post a lot of shite in this thread !
I think maybe it's enough Labour posting from me for today,I can feel myself angry at this two faced,scheming lying daffodil Starmer.
As far as I'm concerned they can feck right off.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I posted this a page ago...but I'll be the first to admit I post a lot of shite in this thread !
I think maybe it's enough Labour posting from me for today,I can feel myself angry at this two faced,scheming lying daffodil Starmer.
As far as I'm concerned they can feck right off.

Sorry, Adam, I must have missed it. I think he'd win if he stood as an independent candidate. Whatever people think of him as a potential prime minister, he seems well regarded as a constituency MP. He probably wouldn't want to though. Starting as an indie at 73 without the back up of a party would be hard work and would probably be seen as depriving Labour of a seat.

multitool

Shaman
Did you not listen to his interview with Lewis Goodall, Adam?

Perhaps you should...

Especially before swearing at people you stupid daffodil.

D

Deleted member 49

Did you not listen to his interview with Lewis Goodall, Adam?

Perhaps you should...

Especially before swearing at people you stupid daffodil.
You don't see the irony of you saying Corbyn is working against Starmer 🙄....I listened/watched the interview with Goodall and I'm not sure what that's supposed to confirm,he's no political heavyweight is he.Unless you think Lewis Goodall waving his arms around suggesting that no matter how much Corbyn isn't a racist maybe in someway he is.
More of your bollox...

multitool

Shaman
Perhaps you should try listening to the interview not from the position of a Corbyn cult follower and fanboi.

D

Deleted member 49

Perhaps you should try listening to the interview not from the position of a Corbyn cult follower and fanboi.
What like your position ?
Take your head from up your arse...cult of nothing.It was allways about the policies.But it's the shamelessness of it,totally brazen two faced skullduggery.Makes you think feck it I'm out.Talk about toxic well here it is.
Keir Starmer: "My Labour is patriotic, a party of equality not protest"...The Times obviously."We will ever be a party of narrow interests” he says as he suspends anyone with views that don’t fall inline with his narrow world view.
Labour was built on protest,Trade Unions...it's become the party of Anti union,Anti workers and anti its own fecking members.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
You want the Labour party to be a protest party in etarnal opposition, and by default a Tory govt.

I want the Tories out, which means Labour getting in, which in turn means the Labour party appealing to enough of the electorate to win. When you consider that the UK has consistently voted in Tory govts bar a handful of years (5 terms in my lifetime, and two of them were disasterous) you realise that there has to be enough compromise to appeal to people who used to vote Tory.

You don't get that by being a Corbynite, clearly, because if you did Corbyn would have not lost two elections with one of them being the worst defeat in 84 years.

What is it you were saying about heads up arses?

icowden

Legendary Member
Labour was built on protest,Trade Unions...it's become the party of Anti union,Anti workers and anti its own fecking members.
All true. But that won't work to win power. Labour cannot win power (unless they get really lucky) without support from other liberal parties. They have no support in Scotland and not that much in Wales. It's only since LIz Truss was PM that they suddenly polled enough support for an outright majority. It's unlikely that that will be sustained until January 2025.

Starmer may constantly claim that he won't partner with the SNP or Lib Dems, but he knows that he will have to as the most likely result of the 2024/2025 general election will be a hung parliament. The Conservatives know that no-one will partner with them.

Blair won his terms by appealing to the middle ground, not the left wing. That's where the floating voters are.

C R

Über Member
All true. But that won't work to win power. Labour cannot win power (unless they get really lucky) without support from other liberal parties. They have no support in Scotland and not that much in Wales. It's only since LIz Truss was PM that they suddenly polled enough support for an outright majority. It's unlikely that that will be sustained until January 2025.

Starmer may constantly claim that he won't partner with the SNP or Lib Dems, but he knows that he will have to as the most likely result of the 2024/2025 general election will be a hung parliament. The Conservatives know that no-one will partner with them.

Blair won his terms by appealing to the middle ground, not the left wing. That's where the floating voters are.

And how does picking up a pointless fight with a section of his party help?

D

Deleted member 49

Labour will win the next election by default...this is nothing to do with anything they've done.Starmer seems to never take a position on anything other than with Corbyn. He just goes with whatever position he believes will be as popular with the right wing press as he does actual Labour members.He’s a poor and weak leader,a self-gratification artist.But he has made it perfectly clear he doesn't want my vote !
There's a certain sense of irony here with the Guardian as it was as guilty as any of the other right wing rags of the smears and lies at the last election.

View: https://twitter.com/FisherAndrew79/status/1626131350930554880?t=K4VlsCtniDUmxUvfWnsAIg&s=19

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom