Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
That might depend on if you are in the bed, or, standing beside it, IMHO ;)
If you just need urgent treatment you are not in a bed. The NHS defines Urgent Treatment as follows. Urgent Treatment isn't for people with life threatening problems. In many ways it's just an emergency GP:

When to visit an urgent treatment centre (walk-in centre or minor injury unit)​

You can go to an urgent treatment centre (UTC) if you need urgent medical attention, but it's not a life-threatening situation. UTCs are open at least 12 hours a day, every day.
Conditions that can be treated at an urgent treatment centre include:
  • sprains and strains
  • suspected broken limbs
  • minor head injuries
  • cuts and grazes
  • bites and stings
  • minor scalds and burns
  • ear and throat infections
  • skin infections and rashes
  • eye problems
  • coughs and colds
  • high temperature in child and adults
  • stomach pain
  • being sick (vomiting) and diarrhoea
  • emergency contraception

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
If you just need urgent treatment you are not in a bed. The NHS defines Urgent Treatment as follows. Urgent Treatment isn't for people with life threatening problems. In many ways it's just an emergency GP:

FFS how about:

That maybe depends if you are the person requiring urgent treatment, or, the person giving it.

Do you ever smile?

D

Deleted member 28

I think you will find you are the daffodil.
You both received it.
No they don't, only one parent can claim it, wrong again.

It went straight into my wife's account which she then spent on the children.

On the same token if you had a partner claiming benefit but you worked would you say that 'you ' were 'on benefits ' or your partner?

You're still being a cock though and you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

icowden

Legendary Member
FFS how about:
That maybe depends if you are the person requiring urgent treatment, or, the person giving it.
Do you ever smile?
Frequently. I just hadn't picked up that your tongue was in your cheek...

D

Deleted member 28

Are they not your children, then?

You can all try and be smartarses if you like but the fact is I, personally, me haven't claimed benefits of any kind in my name.

As already asked, would you class your partners benefits as yours if asked " have you ever claimed benefits"

I love these little exchanges.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You can all try and be smartarses if you like but the fact is I, personally, me haven't claimed benefits of any kind in my name.

As already asked, would you class your partners benefits as yours if asked " have you ever claimed benefits"

Yes of course, if we were a household and the benefits were for my children.

Julia9054

Regular

In heterosexual couple households, child benefit is paid to the woman (unless you opt otherwise) but claimed by the household as both incomes are assessed when claiming.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Isn't it the point that shep hasn't himself made a benefits claim so he's unfamiiar with the system and the paperwork? I thought that was what he was saying, rather than anything about claiming benefits per se.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
In heterosexual couple households, child benefit is paid to the woman (unless you opt otherwise) but claimed by the household as both incomes are assessed when claiming.

I'm pretty sure I made the claim for our kids and it's paid to me. Goes into a joint account so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom