Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

GO's say on the matter.
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/local...orth-east-u-turn-pay-agreement-all-out-strike
'...Bosses at Go North East accepted the Union’s proposals, and all was on course for an end to the dispute, with Unite ready to suspend strike action and ballot members on the deal.

However, local representatives today announced a sudden U-turn and called indefinite strike action from 28 October. This new action comes on top of seven days of strike action already in their diary, starting tomorrow, Saturday 14 October....'
Poverty pay....solidarity join a union !
https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-...ast-bus-workers-prolonging-industrial-dispute

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

Don't have all the background on this but, have I got this right? The union proposes a pay-deal that's subsequently accepted and then as a result go on strike again?

D

Deleted member 49

Don't have all the background on this but, have I got this right? The union proposes a pay-deal that's subsequently accepted and then as a result go on strike again?
I'd say that all depends who is saying that...they voted to take strike action as they believe that the pay offer they previously received was below inflation and included cuts to terms and conditions.
"The average wage for a driver at Go North East is just £12.83 per hour yet drivers at Go North West earn £15.53 per hour. Workers in Newcastle and Sunderland would require a pay rise of over 20 per cent to earn the same as those in Manchester"

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
I'd say that all depends who is saying that...they voted to take strike action as they believe that the pay offer they previously received was below inflation and included cuts to terms and conditions.
"The average wage for a driver at Go North East is just £12.83 per hour yet drivers at Go North West earn £15.53 per hour. Workers in Newcastle and Sunderland would require a pay rise of over 20 per cent to earn the same as those in Manchester"

But in simple terms they agreed a deal that THEY had proposed? And now they want a better one?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Did they ? You'd have to ask the members who voted to strike...unless you know ?

I don't know, just that's what I inferred from the article! Just wondered as you're closer to these things than me whether you were able to give a short appraisal of that part of the situation. If they agreed a deal which they proposed and then reneged on it then it's pretty poor form.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Why compare their pay with Manchester?, why not London, or, any other place where bus drivers are paid more?, or, indeed, less?

bobzmyunkle

Why compare their pay with Manchester?, why not London, or, any other place where bus drivers are paid more?, or, indeed, less?
It's a similar large northern metropolitan area?
Those drivers are employed by the same company?
Whatyecallims razor.

D

Deleted member 49

Yea I agree,greedy b@stards.Should be grateful they have a job, it's above min wage right.

D

Deleted member 49

I don't know, just that's what I inferred from the article! Just wondered as you're closer to these things than me whether you were able to give a short appraisal of that part of the situation. If they agreed a deal which they proposed and then reneged on it then it's pretty poor form.
Who agreed the deal ? I take it you're referring to the Go North East article not the Unite statement ?
Anyway worth repeating... The ballot was 98 per cent in favour of industrial action with nearly an 85 per cent turn out.
Go North East drivers and engineers have been offered a derisory, below-inflation, pay offer that included cuts to terms and conditions. Additionally, administrative and clerical staff have not had any pay offer at all.

Top Bottom