The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Wot? Even wild garlic?

I'm in the wine bar of the ferry to St Malo. The resident pianist (did I spell that right?) is churning out medley of barely recognisable choons. I just managed to decipher Rocket Man. Time to go.

Of course wild garlic.. 🌱🌱🌱
And quite a few other things too.

But some of the wild stuff that you 'can' eat is only really worth it from a diet diversity pov, rather than yumminess.

Enjoy your trip.👍🏼

My pal is a bit north of Chard (geographically speaking) though he has family in OSM. In his younger days he helped power us to a few wins (I didn't trust him on the front)
View attachment 4428 .

'He's a bit north of Chard' has now become part of my lexicon....

I went through Chard in this last week as part of a learning to tow course with 'Trailer Dave'. Quite a happening place, only a few drunks staggered into the road in front of us....

20230817_144201.jpg

icowden

Legendary Member
Along with those new fast charge batteries, the ludicrous 2 tonne cars might just get outnumbered by saner 500kg low tax ones.
I'm not convinced they will ever get *quite* that light due to the structural and safety requirements.

albion

Guru
Turns out Richard Feynman was a bit of a 'dodgy dude'. Trust an expert at your peril.
https://scitechdaily.com/long-consi...r-circuit-harvests-clean-power-using-graphene.

albion

Guru
His argument was more hunch than science. Science is fine when proofed.

It is graphene so will be slow to fruition.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Possibly just wrong on this. That’s what scientific progress is all about. Were he still alive, and this turns out to be independently confirmed, I’d expect him to be pleased.

For most people, in most scientific disciplines, what’s the alternative?

True, but, knowledge evolves, the perceived wisdom has been replaced by new "wisdom" over the years. A healthy scepticism is not the same as ignorance.

His argument was more hunch than science.

What makes you say that? Even the blurb you linked says this effect hasn’t been seen before, and couldn’t have been without both the discovery of graphene and methods of observing materials at atomic scales.

What beef do you have with the bongoist?

Top Bottom