The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
PXL_20230830_122500320.MP.jpg

Donegal is very beautiful, on the coast and inland too.

Cycling wise there doesn't seem much choice between rather narrow N roads where everyone seems to think it's still their civic duty to exceed the 80km mark, whatever the conditions.
And empty but super steep gnarled up lanes with grass growing up the centre..

Still the natives are friendly, and the hospitality reassuringly Irish. 😊
And anyway, one mustn't moan about ones holidays ..

D

Deleted member 121

Im on day 5 of lying in hospital with gallstones, one of which has found its way into my bile duct and is stuck fast and has turned me into a Simpson. ERCP procedure inbound along with a dose of gallbladder removal. The good news here I suppose is the amazing NHS staff who are treating me well and work bloody hard as I watch em dart about in my state.

Normal service will resume in the near future...

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Im on day 5 of lying in hospital with gallstones, one of which has found its way into my bile duct and is stuck fast and has turned me into a Simpson. ERCP procedure inbound along with a dose of gallbladder removal. The good news here I suppose is the amazing NHS staff who are treating me well and work bloody hard as I watch em dart about in my state.

GWS Dave.

All uphill

The motor-mover has destroyed the on-site fun of watching people reverse their caravan onto their pitch.

A glass (or two) of Red, whilst watching them putting up the awning provides a good substitute. ; ;)

Is it just me?

I'm OK reversing into gateways on Devon lanes until some plum starts saying:

"Left hand down a bit, loads of room, get a tank through there, right hand down, keep going, oh I didn't see that ditch there."

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

Yikes that sounds horrible Dave 😐* hope all is resolved soon.

But yes thank heavens for all those good folk still doing their very best in the NHS.

*And that you get pinker than this.
Is it just me?

I'm OK reversing into gateways on Devon lanes until some plum starts saying:

"Left hand down a bit, loads of room, get a tank through there, right hand down, keep going, oh I didn't see that ditch there."

Or in fact anyone standing there trying to 'help' by waving their arms around unintelligibly.

You know what? I'd park much easier if you just got out of my line of sight, thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I'm fine - did you mean Dave?

Ha, yes I did, amended as such..😊

Let's hope it's not catching via t'internet eh?

Oh noes - hope all goes well!

D

Deleted member 121

Feeling a bit better. Been back at home a couple of days. As much as they try to make you comfortable in hospital, there's nothing quite like your own bed is there?... I still have the blockage and jaundice but I have the ERCP procedure on Wednesday at Derby Hospital, where all being well, I'll be out in 24 hours after the procedure and I can stop being the butt of the jokes around home. Once fully recovered, it'll be onto the Gallbladder removal which is apparently, full of stones. I'm on an extremely low fat diet to reduce the possiblity of all this happening again before they chuck my gallbladder in the bin.

Top Bottom