The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
I love Hedgehogs...but I couldn't eat a whole one:

View attachment 4426

1692387792365.png

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I recently found out that foxes and badgers sometimes travel together. Trotting about, I mean, not on buses. Honestly though, what the feck is that all about?
And they wear west'coats and smoke pipes together too.. 🦊🦝

I had a badger jump out of a hedge bank , hissing at me one time - I thought that rather rude and not quite in the spirit of Farthing Wood 🤔

Lor that takes me back..
My.kids used to sing that a lot..
Wasn't it from the same stable as "Cows with Guns"..🐄🐄🐄

Everso slightly changing the subject, but has anyone here cycled the coast of Donegal??

Ian H

Guru
And they wear west'coats and smoke pipes together too.. 🦊🦝

I had a badger jump out of a hedge bank , hissing at me one time - I thought that rather rude and not quite in the spirit of Farthing Wood 🤔

Lor that takes me back..
My.kids used to sing that a lot..
Wasn't it from the same stable as "Cows with Guns"..🐄🐄🐄

Everso slightly changing the subject, but has anyone here cycled the coast of Donegal??

Several folks I know have ridden the Wild Atlantic Way, which I believe goes round there.

Mr Celine

What's the difference between a dog and a fox?

About six pints.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
My very rural friend did once exclaim in surprise (I forget what the occasion was) - Have you never eaten badger ham?
For avoidance of doubt, I still haven't.
Likewise a friend same..

For all we know could be the same personage 🤔
A tad 'gamey' by all accounts..

Me neither.

We were camping in Germany once in a tent that had one of those porch areas. We kept the food there. Woke in the early hours to a rustling noise. Shone the torch out to find a huge hedgehog, like half a football sized, rifling through our food bag. It froze then darted under the canvas and disappeared. Turned out it had started on the Ritz crackers big style. Didn't fancy half eaten, hedgehog licked cheese biscuits so chucked the rest out on the grass. Probably not the best idea but they'd all gone in the morning. Hedgehogs are great. I love hedgehogs.

We had cheese left in a wrapper under the fly sheet on a French campsite disappear in similar circs.

We blamed a mouse but it would have been a tres grand souris to scoff that much...

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
My pal is a bit north of Chard (geographically speaking) though he has family in OSM. In his younger days he helped power us to a few wins (I didn't trust him on the front)
View attachment 4428 .
Fuelled by mustalid steaks.. 😋

Nope different cove, must be a few of em about.

The legend is 'tastes a bit like beef' although I'll take that with the proverbial pinch if salt.

It's like when folks claim that any kind of foraged green "Tastes a bit like spinach"

Mnmnmn, yeah but not quite as nice right??

Ian H

Guru
It's like when folks claim that any kind of foraged green "Tastes a bit like spinach"

Mnmnmn, yeah but not quite as nice right??
Wot? Even wild garlic?

I'm in the wine bar of the ferry to St Malo. The resident pianist (did I spell that right?) is churning out medley of barely recognisable choons. I just managed to decipher Rocket Man. Time to go.

Top Bottom