The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I practiced reversing...just hoping I don't have to put it into practice!

And you just have to go on practicing, I'm afraid..

I get asked sometimes how I make it look so 'easy' backing up trailers, over long distances, or into tight places .

And the answer is just practice, practice, practice.

But having the chance to do that practice doesn't fall equally upon everyone 🤔

Rusty Nails

Country Member
And you just have to go on practicing, I'm afraid..

I get asked sometimes how I make it look so 'easy' backing up trailers, over long distances, or into tight places .

And the answer is just practice, practice, practice.

But having the chance to do that practice doesn't fall equally upon everyone 🤔

My late brother was always in demand on his caravan holidays for helping other caravanners in and out of tight situations.
His job for some years was a shunter driver in a steel works coupling up and moving hgv trailers around the site for loading/unloading.
I tried reversing his caravan once into a designated camping plot. He couldn't stop laughing.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
My late brother was always in demand on his caravan holidays for helping other caravanners in and out of tight situations.
His job for some years was a shunter driver in a steel works coupling up and moving hgv trailers around the site for loading/unloading.
I tried reversing his caravan once into a designated camping plot. He couldn't stop laughing.

I have in the past, had spontaneous rounds of applause for my parallel parking.

And credit where is due, it's occurred from one of those guys* who will stand on the pavement shaking his head going "You'll not get it in there love"..

*I mean we could argue a very strong case for those same blokes to not to be stood there making discouraging noises about 'women's driving' in the first place, and so on, but small wins etc etc

If the farming ever goes tits up I could get a job doing that supertight parking of cars for export* onto ferries, that I saw ont telly one time.

*Don't tell me, brexit has put paid to car exports 🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

The motor-mover has destroyed the on-site fun of watching people reverse their caravan onto their pitch.

A glass (or two) of Red, whilst watching them putting up the awning provides a good substitute. ; ;)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I have in the past, had spontaneous rounds of applause for my parallel parking.

And credit where is due, it's occurred from one of those guys* who will stand on the pavement shaking his head going "You'll not get it in there love"..

*I mean we could argue a very strong case for those same blokes to not to be stood there making discouraging noises about 'women's driving' in the first place, and so on, but small wins etc etc

If the farming ever goes tits up I could get a job doing that supertight parking of cars for export* onto ferries, that I saw ont telly one time.

*Don't tell me, brexit has put paid to car exports 🙄

Well they are still rolling out of the Nissan Factory, down the road from us, to load at Tyne Dock, South Shields. Not sure if the volume has remained constant.

It is a bit far off the coast, but, you can even see a car transporter in this shot from this mornings bicycle ride (ignore the motorcyclist)
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 20.56.15.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Well they are still rolling out of the Nissan Factory, down the road from us, to load at Tyne Dock, South Shields. Not sure if the volume has remained constant.

It is a bit far off the coast, but, you can even see a car transporter in this shot from this mornings bicycle ride (ignore the motorcyclist)
View attachment 4461
Well I guess that's some good news.
Nice weather for it.. 🌊

Awnings = Divorce in a bag!

The new Foodie/Hill Wimp rig....

View attachment 4463

View attachment 4464

Yikes ostentatious or what.?
Wouldn't want to have to buy the fuel for that!
But I'm sure it has its compensations.

When travelling with my best beloved we can 'get it up' and be sheltered within 4 mins flat, no exchange of words, nor incipient divorce necessary.
Now that's proper luxury.

And the views are generally alright too..

PXL_20230521_195247119.MP.jpg

Anyhow, one days more work, then holidays beckon 💚 - do keep being fabulous to each other in the meantime..

Ian H

Guru
The French know how to do it properly. A day out by invitation from the Ernée Randonneurs & Cyclotourists. There was beer.

IMG_20230824_170311280_HDR.jpg

Well I guess that's some good news.
Nice weather for it.. 🌊

Yikes ostentatious or what.?
Wouldn't want to have to buy the fuel for that!
But I'm sure it has its compensations.

When travelling with my best beloved we can 'get it up' and be sheltered within 4 mins flat, no exchange of words, nor incipient divorce necessary.
Now that's proper luxury.

And the views are generally alright too..

View attachment 4466

Anyhow, one days more work, then holidays beckon 💚 - do keep being fabulous to each other in the meantime..

Personally a bike, bivvy and tarp still work for me, but others have their needs...am talking about the Whippets of course....

Mr Celine

View attachment 4461

What's Lauren getting for her birthday?;)

Top Bottom