The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Found art on the Solstice ride today.

IMG_20221217_120732829.jpg

Ian H

Guru
I finally received the (late) birthday or early Christmas present for my granddaughter. She was obsessed (according to her aunt) with Gorey's miniature theatre, so I hope this will please her. It's out of print, so took a while to get a decent copy.

IMG_20221220_200710650.jpg

IMG_20221220_200732029.jpg

C R

Über Member
We are at my mums in Galicia this week. We visited the Fervenza do Toxa today. This is a quite spectacular 60m high waterfall, which is rather full as its been raining almost non stop for the last couple of months (don't gasp, this normal autumn weather in Galicia).

My photos don't quite make it justice, but here they are
20221227_170930.jpg

20221227_163455.jpg

It was a dry and sunny day, but everything is soaking at the bottom from the spray.

On the way back to the car monkeys 2 and 3 were hiding in the light of the setting sun
20221227_172615.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
We are at my mums in Galicia this week. We visited the Fervenza do Toxa today. This is a quite spectacular 60m high waterfall, which is rather full as its been raining almost non stop for the last couple of months (don't gasp, this normal autumn weather in Galicia).

My photos don't quite make it justice, but here they are
View attachment 2747

View attachment 2748
It was a dry and sunny day, but everything is soaking at the bottom from the spray.

On the way back to the car monkeys 2 and 3 were hiding in the light of the setting sun
View attachment 2749
Looks ace - shall hunt that waterfall down next time I'm there...
I seem to recall that it rained on me lots in Galicia too - felt just like Devon - there's a reason for it all being so green.

Talking of creativity .

One I made earlier.💜💚

Screenshot_20230103-184044~2.png

He's home from Glasgow atm and is encouraging lots more painting writing and art stuff in general 👍🏼

C R

Über Member
Looks ace - shall hunt that waterfall down next time I'm there...
I seem to recall that it rained on me lots in Galicia too - felt just like Devon - there's a reason for it all being so green.

Talking of creativity .

One I made earlier.💜💚

View attachment 2772

He's home from Glasgow atm and is encouraging lots more painting writing and art stuff in general 👍🏼

The waterfall is about 45 minutes drive from Santiago, going towards Ourense, but if you have a bike and touring gear you could make a two day mini tour. I think there's places where you can camp in the area, and there's other interesting stuff to see.

The weather forecast when we where there was almost comical, "rain and wind in Galicia, just wind everywhere else".

mudsticks

Squire
The waterfall is about 45 minutes drive from Santiago, going towards Ourense, but if you have a bike and touring gear you could make a two day mini tour. I think there's places where you can camp in the area, and there's other interesting stuff to see.

The weather forecast when we where there was almost comical, "rain and wind in Galicia, just wind everywhere else".

We should have a 'Going Places ?' thread on here too.

To keep it relevant and proper swotty we have to supply an interesting political or current affairs fact about our proposed destination.

Vaguely thinking about Galicia / Northern Portugal for this summers trip - but that's a while off yet so we'll see - but its definitely on the cards before too long. The Atlantic weather makes it all the more 'fun' :smile:

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom